𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 | 06

{ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 06: 𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐨 }

 ̄ ̄

The next day came, and fortunately, Amaris' fever was already gone and he was in much more better state than he is yesterday. Arthit could finally put all his worries about his son at peace now.

However, his worries about it's father was still there. He already talked with boom earlier; when he remembered that he forgot to remind him of the reason. And, Boom clarified that he indeed told the reason of the early out to Kongpob.

"I did told him the reason, Phi. He even asked me if you do really have a son." He remembered Boom informed to him.

Well, unlucky for him, he needs to go to work today and face Kongpob. And what made him even more anxious now was because he knows that Kongpob will ask about it.

"Be a good boy to your uncles today, okay?" Arthit said, crouching down to his son's height. "I will promise, papa. But please come back soon." Amaris said, swinging his papa's arms back and forth.

Arthit chuckled a little and messed Amaris' hair, "Papa will be, after work. But for now, you have to be a good boy." Amaris nodded. After Arthit stood up, he turned to his friend and said, "Take care for my son, Knot."

"Of course, Arthit." His friend, Knot responded very happily. "Don't worry too much Phi. We would definitely take a good care of your son." Knot's husband, Tew added.

"Then, i will go ahead then. Thank you." Arthit responded back to the couple. The couple and Amaris watched Arthit getting into his car and drove off.

Knot and Tew were the only ones that Arthit could trust when it comes to his son. They were the only ones who Arthit could turn to, when it comes to leaving his son for work. Why?

Well, some others were really bad at baby sitting. Especially Bright and Tootah. Arthit really couldn't trust them, fully knowing what their characteristics was. And besides, they might even say some foolish things to Amaris.

Now, back to reality, Arthit finally arrived at the company. He let out a sigh and gathered all his courage, preparing to face Kongpob. Everytime he took a step, he felt a lot of emotions coming to him. Scared, anxious and nervousness. Knowing the man might be everywhere in the company.

"Wait up!" Arthit shouted and put his arms between the elevator's door to get in. And, when he got in, he was astounded to see the one and only CEO, standing at the corner, with his hands tuck to his pants' pocket.

"I-i....will wait for the another one." Arthit awkwardly said, taking a step backwards. But, before the elevator's door closed, Kongpob managed to say; "It was alright, you can get it. It was just only me here."

"N-no. I-i'm okay. Thanks." Arthit stubbornly replied, avoiding the man's gaze. "Get in." Kongpob insisted. "It was okay, Sir." Arthit responded.

However, Kongpob had already lost his patience and went to Arthit. And before the elevator's door closed, he managed to pull Arthit in. "What are you doing?!" Arthit asked, full of shock. But, Kongpob didn't answered his question, and just stared at the older man until the elevator's door closed, they stayed like that, for a minute.

And then, Kongpob let go of him and clicked the button, which was in the 8th floor where was the CEO's office and their office was located. On the another side, Arthit stayed silent and hanged his head low, not daring to look to the younger.

The two stood at their places, one was calm while the other was really anxious. Silenced had enveloped them, for a while when, Kongpob suddenly asked him a question, coldly; "How is you son, now? Is he already okay?"

Arthit's head immediately lift up, looking directly to the CEO's back. "H-huh?" Arthit utterly replied, not knowing what to answer to the younger. "I am asking if your son is already okay."

Kongpob repeated the question, however Arthit stood still, as if he didn't heard Kongpob and just stayed silent for a few moments, before he replied. "Good."

Kongpob let out a chuckle and asked, "It had been 6 years now, isn't it?" Arthit didn't responded anymore to the question and remained silent. "A lot of things changed within those years, right?" He asked again, and again Arthit remained silent.

However, no matter how much Arthit would avoid the conversation, what Kongpob said was true and couldn't be denied that lot of changes happened within those years. That even made Arthit wonder; what would they be now if they didn't broke up.

"How are you these past years?" Kongpob asked him again. "Good." Arthit finally responded to him.

-Ding!

The elevator's door then opened and Kongpob was the first one to go out of the elevator. And, before he walk away, he tuned to Arthit first and said to him, sincerely; "I am sorry. I am sorry to hurt you that day and costed you too much pain. I know i promised not to hurt you, yet i still did. I am sorry." Kongpob let out a faint smile to the older man, then he turned around and walked away.

For Kongpob, it was the only thing he knew to cope up with the guilt and longing, by apologizing. And although, Kongpob knew that his apology was already late, but that was the only way to set himself free from this kind of feelings and also, to let Arthit go. After all; he was the one who asked for the break up. He was the one who left him first.

On the another side, Arthit was stunned. He was stunned at the younger's sudden apology. Honestly speaking, Arthit actually didn't expected that, coming. However, the younger's words tinted into his heart. His words were really sincere with every words, coming from his heart.

But just like Kongpob had told him, six years ago; Everything was not the same anymore. And, that includes today. Back then, they were a two people in-love with each other. Now, they were just two people who once loved each other.

C H A P T E R | 06
by: anonymouslylazy