Chapter 3

My anger had nearly evaporated by the time I came to notice my surroundings. We were on a pretty vacant looking street with small well worn houses, each uniform in style. At the end of the street stood a lonely sign that read “Spinners End” I hadn’t taken much of a note to it which lead me to my present situation, otherwise called bloody lost.

I sighed and tilted my head up at the gray overcast sky, and although it felt more claustrophobic than the manor I was used to, I couldn’t complain. It was my first time out in weeks. Unfortunately I had no idea where I was or where I was going, there didn’t seem to be anyone living on the street, on any of the streets. I shrugged slightly and began near skipping down an alley way. Of course I didn’t have my wand on me, because that would have required planning ahead. Although, I hadn’t fully anticipated screaming my head off and running out the door. I stopped mid stride and felt heat rushing to my face. I had already gone against one of the only plans I had. Not that I expected it to work in the first place. I sighed again this time with more frustration and shook my blonde tangled hair. The only way I would be able to leave for good was if I obeyed part of me died at this. It would only be acting, I reminded myself. However I found myself pouting. I could just not go back. I didn’t really need anything there, though having my wand would be nice. I couldn’t help but dryly laugh. I had no where I could go and I hadn’t gotten my apparition license yet. I frowned. I would have to return to that house. The dusty cramped little house of the snarky Severus Snape. Great

                I sat down between two of the cottage-like houses and rested my head against the cold stone. I would just have to keep my wand on me at all times, and if something like this happens again I wouldn’t have to return at all. I slightly smiled at my new course, which was almost immediately dampened by the sudden downpour of rain. I pressed myself against the wall but to no avail, water still found its way onto my head.

Looks like I would have to go back sooner than I thought.

I sauntered slowly back down the street I had come from, or at least appeared to have come from. The houses and streets all looked the same to me. I mildly contemplated how he would punish me when I got back, withholding food would get him nowhere, he had already basically locked me inside, I let the corners of my mouth twitch upward. I was untouchable. All I would have to do is write to Draco and he would tell father and Snape would get in trouble. Maybe I could even get him fired. I had a full blown smile on my face when I stopped in front of his house. I was drenched now, and the icy air had made it worse. I shrugged it off and trudged up to the door, wiping the emotion off my face. I wonder if I should knock? I rested my hand on the handle of the door and chewed my lip, suddenly my resolve had changed and I felt like a lost puppy. I twisted the doorknob only to find that it only moved partially before making a sound. He seriously locked me out?

                Asshole.

I knocked several times before letting out an exasperated breath and sitting in front of the door. I knew he was in there, where else would he go? I leaned my head back against the door with a thud and waited, bringing my knees to my chest to avoid getting any more wet though I was already drenched and chilled to the bone. Maybe that was my punishment for being so…immature? I frowned and jumped to my feet. That was neglect. I stood back from the entry way and walked around to the back and looked from window to window only to find the rooms empty. The interior looked the same.

                I backtracked a few feet and looked up at the two story house. I was pretty sure this was the window that corresponds to my bedroom. I searched for a way up before deciding to use the windows. I curiously pulled and pried at the downstairs window seeing if it would open, only to find that my fingers now were rubbed raw and the windows were shut tightly. I chewed my lip thoughtfully before kicking it as hard as I could muster. Though the house was ancient it didn’t even seem to shutter. I was beyond frustrated and began to beat angrily at the reinforced glass. “I hate this stupid house, I hate my stupid father, I had this stupid man, I hate the school, this place and everything!” I screamed and nearly screamed when I felt a presence behind me.

                I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw him behind me. I managed to remain silent as he had a bored look plastered on his face, or maybe that was his normal face…

                “What are you doing child?” I felt myself shrinking under his piercing gaze. Don’t look at me.

I shrugged and looked to the side trying to appear as disinterested as I could though I’m sure he saw through it with those freaking eyes. “It’s about time you got home.” I replied after he moved past me to get to the door. It suddenly dawned on me, “Why are you coming through the back of the house?”

                “I could ask you the same thing, Miss Malfoy.” His tone was as condescending as ever and I noticed he had something in his hands. “What’s that?” I asked pointing; it looked like a package of papers. He didn’t answer and just walked inside the back door. I mentally smacked myself, I didn’t even check to see if it was unlocked.  I followed behind like a lost child, before stepping into another room. I just needed to get away before he said anything. And as if on cue he spoke “Not. So. Fast.” I froze and looked over my shoulder to find him standing closer behind me. I quickly turned to face him and felt myself backup into one of the bookcases that lined the wall. There was an eerie silence between the two of us, the only sound coming from the constant drip drip drip, water falling from my hair and clothes.

“What?” I asked cautiously, as he closed the distance between us. “You may go change but there is a pressing matter that I believe we need to address.” His voice was low and hoarse and I found that our faces were too close for comfort. He smelled of an old library and something else I couldn’t place. When I didn’t answer he took the initiative and stepped back, although still too close for comfort. “We would not want you to succumb to any illnesses, would we now?” he sounded as though he would enjoy nothing more than that, but I let it slide, for now at least.

                I quickly made my way to my room and found myself flushed at the situation. How dare he! I roared, although I hadn’t made a fuss about it. I stood with my back at the door for five minutes before I realized he expected to talk now. I frowned. Well he could have just used magic instead of whatever the hell that was. My frown became deeper as I thought about another confrontation, I was just too tired for that, I sighed and leaned back on the bed, stretching out my legs and arms. My hair, still wet from the rain flared out behind my head. I yawned I’m sure whatever it is can wait… I fell asleep within minutes into a dreamless sleep, under the influence of spices and libraries.