Chapter 17

You have got to be kidding me.

                I stared at the scene before me, Severus Snape, the King Bat, was giving dance lessons to the Slytherin house. We had gathered in a hall in one of the dungeon’s vacant rooms, enchanted to look like a dance studio, though in my opinion it looked like one that had been vacant for a thousand years…

 My brother and I snickered and Crabbe and Goyle stumbled over their feet. Thankfully ballroom dancing was something my father had spent a great time teaching us, due to the many gatherings our parents threw.

“Can you believe there’s going to be a ball?” the succubus exclaimed from the other side of me, I tried to not to wince. I rolled my eyes inconspicuously, earning a warning nudge from my brother.

                “Who are you going to go with?” she asked excitedly, obviously unaware of my rudeness.

“I don’t know.” I replied honestly, staring ahead at Snape.

                “Drakie and I will be going together, right?” she stated smugly. I cracked a smile.

                “Drakie?” I asked, breaking my concentration to look at my brother, “are you serious?”

“Pansy, what have I said about calling me that?” he replied, back not touching the chair behind him. I nearly doubled over in laughter.

                “That’s rich!” I managed to speak between laughs. That soon was interrupted by a less than peachy Snape.

“Miss Malfoy, since you obviously have no need of these lessons perhaps you could do something more meaningful with your time and show your fellow peers how to properly dance?” he offered smugly, raising his eyebrows and holding up his hands as if weighing two options.

“Come on, Drakie.” I smirked grabbing his wrist and pulling him to his feet.

“Don’t make want to drop you.” he remarked, “Which dance?” he asked as we made our way into the center of the cleared dance floor.

“Ballroom waltz.” Snape commanded crossing his arms across his chest. Draco looked at me raising an eyebrow.

                “How about Lindy Hop?” I asked, knowing he wouldn’t refuse. My back was to Snape so even if he wanted to he couldn’t have seen me say anything. The music started playing and I rolled my eyes as he lead a waltz at first, thankfully I managed to stay upright. Slow dances don’t suit me.

                “Now.” I ordered, quickly pulling away from my brother. He smirked and flicked his wand at the music box, causing faster music to blare through the speakers. Snape pursed his lips, clearly disapproving.

The hall erupted in cheers as we both lightly bowed to either side, an unshakeable grin firmly on my face.

                “If you are quite done showboating…” the King Bat commented stepping up beside us.

“I believe we are, Sir.” I responded, my brother returned to his seat beside his enthusiastic plaything.

                “You are all dismissed.” Snape spoke staring directly at me. The hall was vacant within minutes. I turned the last to leave. Some absurd part of me wanted him to hold me back, and that part was ecstatic when he did.

“Did you need something?” I asked, a happy tone slipping out. He raised his eyebrows. My mood shifted when he turned away from me, strutting through the door way.