𝟬𝟬𝟰 better late than never

chapter four, better late than never

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

          Kayla Vera knew that she wasn't the ideal legal guardian, with being a bartender and a stoner mixed into one, but she always did everything she could for her little sister. She's had her fair share of people looking down on her because of what she does and how she raises her sister, but at the end of the day, they always had each other.

     Kayla also knew how much karate meant to Izzy. With how much Izzy keeps in, karate is a good outlet for her. If there was one thing about Isobel, it was that she bottled her emotions up. She's been that way ever since their father died and mom abandoned them. Karate, and Cobra Kai, was the only thing that seemed to let Izzy let her emotions out without using her words.

     She also has yet to meet John Kreese, the sensei that Izzy desperately tries to make proud, but from Kayla has heard through the grapevine.. he wasn't that much of a good person.

     And what Kayla didn't expect was being halfway through a joint when the doorbell to the apartment began ringing. "Ugh," Kayla groaned, inhaling the smoke in her mouth and putting the joint out in the ashtray.

     She exhaled and the foggy air left her mouth as she got up from the couch, walking over to the front door. Kayla knew Izzy had left to go to the park for karate training and they didn't get much visitors besides Kayla's friends from work that would show up drunk during the night, but it was currently 12:50 in the afternoon. So, she had no idea who it could be.

     Kayla swung open the door and was greeted with an old man, her eyebrows knitted together. "Can I help you?" She asked.

     John Kreese stood outside of the door, making a face when the smell of marijuana flowed from the open apartment door. He let a sigh, looking at Izzy's older sister. "Are you Isobel's sister?" He questioned.

     Kayla stared at him blankly. "Yeah, who's asking?"

     "John Kreese. Your sister attends my dojo, Cobra Kai." He responded to the girl, watching Kayla nod as she came to a realization.

     "Oh, so you're the John Kreese." Kayla muttered, pressing her lips together before continuing. "Izzy isn't home. She said she went to karate training.. did she not show up? Oh my god, is she okay?" Kayla began to panic, standing more straight.

     "Your sister is fine. The only issue is, she didn't go for Cobra Kai training." Kreese vaguely said, not saying anything else as Kayla looked at him like he made no sense.