𝟬𝟬𝟴 i wish i knew you wanted me

chapter eight, i wish i knew you wanted me

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

          Izzy sat on the mat of Cobra Kai, stretching as her legs were out, her hands reaching for the tips of her feet. She had come to the dojo in hopes to clear her mind and to try and focus on the big picture: winning the tournament. She had to push whatever she was feeling for Miguel down and forget about it.

     She seemed to be the only student in there, but when the door opened from the back, it startled Izzy. The girl looked up and she grew nervous when she saw Silver coming into the dojo. When he saw Izzy, though, he looked surprised.

     "I didn't expect to see you here." Silver spoke, holding a piece of paper in his hand.

Izzy sighed, looking back down at the mat as she stretched. "I was hoping I would be the only one here." She muttered, her words making Silver laugh.

"Well, since you're here, I have some news." Silver announced and Izzy looked back at him, pulling her legs in. "Some good news for you, at least."

"What?" was all Izzy responded with.

Silver held up the paper, indicating the good news was on that and he walked over to where Izzy sat. He handed the paper to her and Izzy reluctantly took it, unfolding it to read the text that was typed onto the paper. As she read it, she pushed herself off of the ground and stood up, her eyebrows furrowing when she looked at Silver.

"Skills competition? Gender divisions? Wait, does that mean —" Izzy didn't even get to ask what she was going to before Silver cut her off.

"Don't worry. Sensei Kreese told me your plan to fight Miguel Diaz, your boyfriend from Eagle Fang." His words made a lump form in Izzy's throat, "And I had a little chat with the All Valley judges.. they're going to make an exception. It's going to be huge." Silver spoke like he was proud of Izzy.

Izzy tried to hide her smile as Silver continued, "You'll just have to win." Then came the reminder that if Izzy didn't, she was no longer in Cobra Kai.

A sigh left Izzy's mouth as she folded the paper back up and handed it back to Silver. "Well, I will and I'll win the girls division. I won't mess this up." Izzy reassured her sensei.

Silver nodded at her words, "Good. I still want you to practice on your own. I need to see that you want this more than any other kid in karate." He explained to her, "The only issue is if you fail, Sensei Kreese might be right." Silver then told her.