𝟬𝟭𝟭 i got wasted like all my potential

chapter eleven, i got wasted like all my potential

tw: alcoholism, mention of self harm
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Izzy had been sitting outside, people-watching as she drank her second cup of alcohol. If she was going to get through this after-party, she needed something in her system. Typical, using alcohol as a way to numb what she was feeling.

She was avoiding Ethan as much as she could and she has yet to come across Miguel, or anyone else that she recognized. It was a lonely feeling, but the company of the alcohol in the cup seemed to be filling some of the loneliness inside of her.

She stared down at the cup in her hands as everyone moved and talked around her. She felt like she was invisible, at least until someone acknowledged her existence.

"Hey, you okay?" When Izzy looked up, she saw Robby walking up with a red cup in his hand.

Izzy's eyes rolled as she looked back to her cup, "Do you actually even care?" She snapped at him.

     "I mean, yeah, that's why I came over here." Robby shrugged, taking a seat in the chair next to Izzy.

     She watched him and then let out a deep sigh, neither of them saying a word to each other for a few seconds until Izzy spoke up. "I saw you came with Tory. When did that happen?" Izzy asked, taking a sip from her cup.

     A laugh came from Robby, "Nothing is even happening. We both needed prom dates, so we came together." He explained, mocking her action and took a sip from his drink as well.

     "You came with Ethan, where is he?" Robby asked out of curiosity and Izzy rolled her eyes again, hearing the name putting her in a worse mood than before.

"He made my night horrible, so I'm avoiding him." Izzy confessed, looking around at the people passing by to see if she saw any other familiar faces.

She was looking for someone in particular, but she couldn't find him at all. There were so many people around her, and Robby was right next to her, but all Izzy wanted was Miguel. Izzy looked back over at the Keene boy when she heard him speak up again.

     "So I'm guessing you and Miguel aren't together anymore?" Robby seemed hesitant to ask the question, mostly out of fear that he would piss her off. Normally it would, but the alcohol in Izzy mixed with her emotions put her in a more melancholic mood than usual.