𝟬𝟭𝟱 pretty lies, ugly truth

chapter fifteen, pretty lies, ugly truth

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Izzy was supposed to feel like she was untouchable, because she won the All Valley and proved that she had what it takes to be tough and resilient. She proved herself to be Cobra Kai material, at least in Terry Silver's eyes she did, until the moment she gave up her trophy and ran off with the boy he told her to never see again.

This past week and a half were a lot for Izzy, more than she expected. She never thought she would see her mom again, but now Izzy knows she probably will never see her again. Izzy never thought that she wouldn't be a part of Cobra Kai, but here she sat, next to Miguel while Demetri was by Eli's side as he got his tattoo fixed.

Izzy had her chin resting in the palm of her hand, her elbow sitting on the arm of the chair she sat in. She was staring at the artwork that filled a nearby wall, too lost in her own thoughts about Cobra Kai to realize how quickly she was shaking her leg from the nerves in her body. Miguel was quick to notice, though.

"Hey," Miguel spoke softly, reaching his hand out to rest on her leg, feeling her stop once she felt his touch. "We can go back if you're worried about your sister."

          Izzy glanced over at him, letting out a sigh as she leaned back in the chair and shook her head. "I'm not worried about my sister." The girl muttered, her gaze shifting elsewhere.

          Her words just made Miguel's eyebrows furrow and he sat up a little bit in his seat. "What are you worried about then?" He asked Izzy.

An uneasy breath came from Izzy as she shook her head. "It's nothing." She tried to lie, shrugging the topic off, but Miguel knew it was something.

          "You can tell me." Miguel whispered to her, both of their attentions on the other and felt like it was just them two in the room.

          Izzy let out a sigh, glancing at the boy before her eyes looked at his hand that still rested on her leg. "It's Cobra Kai." She muttered and Miguel let out a breath, like he had guessed right. Izzy was quick to keep talking, "It's all I see on social media." She huffed.

"Is that where you wanted to go after this? Cobra Kai?" Miguel questioned, watching Izzy reluctantly nod her head.

"I need to talk to Tory. I just hope she's there." Izzy confessed, her eyes falling upon Eli who was checking out the new tattoo he had got to cover up the old one on his chest.