𝟬𝟭𝟮 you're looking at a champion

chapter twelve, you're looking at a champion

a/n: fair warning this chapter is loonngg, but a lot of shit
happens in it
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"Welcome to the 51st annual All Valley Under-18 Karate Tournament!"

     Izzy stood in line with the rest of the Cobra Kai's as the crowd erupted in cheers, and the lights in the gym began strobing. She and Miguel haven't talked since last night before she fell asleep and when she woke up, he wasn't there and Izzy spent the entire morning forcing herself to not be hungover.

They were moments away from performing the skills competition and then after that was Izzy and Miguel's fight, both of the Cobra Kai sensei's calling for their students to fall in to give one last pep talk before the tournament officially started.

     Izzy stood in between Tory and Robby, and she could feel Ethan's eyes burning through her. Her eyes were on the two sensei's as Kreese spoke up, "All your training has brought you this moment. Remember, if you win, you don't just get a trophy. You get the glory." Sensei Kreese explained.

     His words made Izzy grin. "And you get to know forever that you are a champion. I have had students with all the talent in the world squander their moment. Do not let history repeat itself. Do not let your emotions cloud your judgment." Kreese continued, his eyes directly on Izzy who glanced down at the ground.

     "And above all, do not let anything stand in the way of your victory."

Sensei Silver took a step forward, "Just to be clear. That's not a pep talk. That's an order. And we're all gonna follow Sensei Kreese's orders today, aren't we?" He asked the Cobra Kai students.

They all spoke in unison, "Yes, Sensei!"

"Aren't we?" Silver repeated himself.

"Yes, Sensei!" They repeated as well, loud and clear which earned them a nod from both of the sensei's.

Silver smiled, "Let's go win this." He told the Cobra Kai students who erupted in cheers. Tory wrapped her arm around Izzy's shoulder, bringing her in as their excitement and determination grew.

     The skills competition went by the quickest, each student showing off a specific skill. Izzy stood by and watched everyone do the skill they had chosen until it was time for her to go, and there wasn't much left after her.