𝟬𝟭𝟵 serpent or innocent flower?

chapter nineteen, serpent or innocent flower?

tw: mention of blood
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

It's been three days.

The last time Miguel and Izzy had a conversation by themselves was when they broke up–which got around faster than they thought it did. Everyone seemed to find out quickly, but they were quick to assume when Izzy stayed on one side of the dojo and Miguel stayed on the other side.

        They would smile at each other as a way to acknowledge the other, but Miguel knew Izzy needed her distance and her time, so he was giving her that. Even though it was killing him to watch her from afar instead of being by her side like Izzy always used to be.

          For the past three practices, Izzy's had to suck up the pain of using her arm, or whenever the slightest of pressure touched it. She still hasn't gone by Cobra Kai, but today was Friday, the last day she had to go in. As much as Izzy was scared to go, it was better to go than not and have to watch behind her every time she was out.

          It wasn't like she was joining Cobra Kai again, she just needed to talk to Sensei Silver or Kim. Someone. Just so that Izzy could get it out of the way. It was hard for Izzy to think about how just months ago, she thought Cobra Kai saved her. Little did she know it was Miguel, but now she doesn't have either of them.

          If Riley, and Cobra Kai, hadn't scared (and hurt) her into breaking up with Miguel, Izzy wouldn't think twice about choosing him for the rest of her life.

          Robby had offered to pick her up on the way to Miyagi-Do so they could get to practice. The Keene boy could tell how badly this break-up was affecting them both, no matter how hard Miguel or Izzy try to disguise it. All he could do was try to act normal, because they were both probably his closest friends at the moment.

So, when Izzy got into the passenger seat of his car, he was the one to initiate the conversation when Izzy didn't say a word. "How do you feel about Miyagi-Do?" Robby asked as he drove away from her apartment complex.

          Izzy was glad he didn't ask her about Miguel, because she's already gotten enough of that from Nina and Kayla. A sigh left her lips as she glanced over at Robby after keeping her eyes on the window next to her. Robby's attention was on the road, but Izzy shrugged.

          "It's.. different." Izzy muttered, looking out the front windshield to look at the streets they drove down, heading in the direction of Miyagi-Do.