𝟬𝟮𝟬 new person, same old mistakes

chapter twenty, new person, same old mistakes

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

          Hours had passed since Izzy got home from Cobra Kai, she cleaned her hand and was holding a ziploc bag full of ice on her knuckles. She sat in the living room with a hoodie on to keep her warm while the apartment was freezing, there was a frown on her lips as she looked down at her hand.

          She couldn't stop thinking about everything that happened at Cobra Kai and it made Izzy's head hurt, because all it did was scare her. But after tonight, Izzy was sure that Miyagi-Do was where she belonged. This must've been some fucked up goodbye from Cobra Kai.

          The apartment was quiet, but then there was a series of eager knocks on her front door that startled Izzy. She glanced up, looking at the door with her eyebrows furrowed. The impatient knocking continued and Izzy set the bag of ice down on the table in front of her and got to get the door.

          The moment she swung the door open, the person standing on the other pushed past Izzy and went inside, "Tell me you aren't in Cobra Kai again."

          Izzy turned her head, her eyes on Miguel who looked angry yet concerned, and it confused Izzy. Before she could even say anything, Miguel continued, "Please tell me. Look me in my face and–and tell me that." He asked the girl who stared at him.

           Izzy shook her head. "No.. no. I'm not in Cobra Kai. Who the hell told you that?" She questioned, closing the front door.

          "D–Demetri heard some student at Cobra Kai talking about it at his job—fuck, it doesn't matter, okay? Why are they saying you're back at Cobra Kai?" Miguel sounded stressed, like the last thing he wanted was for Izzy to go back to the place he knew she hated most.

          If she did end up going back, he was ready to get her out, again. Broken up or not.

          The girl opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. She shook her head, like Izzy didn't know what to tell him. She was scared of him finding out about Silver paying the referee, or Riley attacking her, or what happened earlier. Miguel waited for her to say something, to say anything, but she didn't.

          "I'm–I'm sorry that I came over here when you need your space, but Izzy, I–" Miguel paused, looking at the girl, thinking about his next few words, "I don't want to see Cobra Kai hurt you. Again."