𝟬𝟭𝟯 love in a hopeless place

chapter thirteen, love in a hopeless place

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Thirty-two hours.

     For thirty-two hours, Izzy and Miguel sat and talked to each other, about anything and everything they could think of. Miguel would watch her sleep, and he would smile, and then she moved to rest her head on his shoulders while she was sleeping and while holding his hand, it made Miguel happy.

He is finally dating the girl he likes and he's about to find his dad, it felt like the new chapter Miguel wanted was working out for him, and nothing could ruin it.

The moment they arrived in Ceuta, Mexico was when it all seemed a little too real though. Miguel was the first one to step off of the bus and Izzy was right behind him, taking her phone out to try and catch any signal just like Miguel did.

"Ugh, this phone sucks." Izzy scoffed, giving up and dropping her hand down. Her eyes squinted as she looked at Miguel who was trying to get his phone to load, the sun shining down on her. "Miguel, I change my mind. I want to go back." Izzy whined, her tone playful as Miguel turned to look at her.

He had a smile on his face. "You didn't even last ten minutes," Miguel spoke as Izzy rolled her eyes and walked over to him, the two of them walking beside each other, "You're weak." He frowned at Izzy, letting out a sigh.

Izzy tried to hold back a laugh as she looked up at Miguel, seeing the frown turn into a playful smirk the moment their eyes met. "Shut up and get your phone to load. I'll go ask around," She told the boy, leaving Miguel's side to find anyone to help with the directions.

Miguel kept his eyes on her, still in shock that they were dating and in Mexico together. It felt so surreal, but above all, it felt right. The smile stuck to his lips as he looked back down at his phone.

Izzy hesitantly looked around, trying to find someone that she could talk to, but then she heard someone call out. "Oi! You need some help?" The Australian accent caught Izzy off guard and she looked over to see a man approaching her.

"Uh," Izzy sighed, nodding her head, "Yeah, me and my boyfriend —" Izzy turned to look back at Miguel, but he was walking up behind Izzy.

"Do you know how to get to 137 Avenue Santurce?" Izzy asked, looking back at the man who seemed kind enough to help, and Miguel took off his bag and stood beside her.