𝟬𝟮𝟰 this love came back to me

chapter twenty four, this love came back to me

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

          Miguel never responded to Izzy's text and it irked Izzy more than she thought it would. This was his way of confirming he didn't want anything to do with her–that was all Izzy could think. She was overthinking, getting lost in her own thoughts and the 'what if's' floating around in her mind.

         The three girls stood in the backyard of the LaRusso house, all three of them quiet as they waited for the boys to show up. Tory tried to reassure Izzy that Miguel was still going to show up either way, because Robby or Hawk would drag him along, but Izzy was still surprised when they got here and Miguel walked in with the three other boys.

          Izzy stood up from the wall of the house she was leaning on, her eyes on Miguel as they walked over to the girls.

         "Tory?" Hawk spoke up, a confused expression coming across his face when he processed that Tory was standing with Izzy and Sam.

Miguel's eyes met with Izzy's as he stood beside the girl, but Izzy built up enough courage to respond instead of staying quiet. "I honestly didn't think you would come." She admitted to the boy.

"You told me to come, so I did," Miguel smiled softly and shrugged a little bit, like it was supposed to be obvious that he would drop everything if she needed his help.

          Izzy had to look away, glancing down to hide the smile that tried to find its way onto her lips. It quickly disappeared when she remembered that she was supposed to be mad at him, after deleting his voicemail right in front of him, plus their situation with Cobra Kai, so her attention turned to Sam who spoke up.

"We think we have a way to prove that it was Silver who assaulted Stingray." Sam explained.

A sigh left Izzy's lips as she nodded, "Silver had security cameras installed at the old dojo. If the attack happened there–"

"It would be all on tape." Miguel had finished her sentence, earning a look from Izzy who nodded at his words, eyeing the others standing in the circle.

          Robby shook his head, "But that place was cleaned out." He reminded them.

          "That might not matter," Demetri spoke up, all eyes shifting to him, "The systems that we sell at TechTown all save the footage to a central server. When Silver moved out, he probably took the whole system." The boy told the group.