𝟬𝟭𝟰 summertime sadness

chapter fourteen, summertime sadness

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

          When Izzy woke the next morning, Miguel wasn't by her side like she expected him to be.

          She forced herself out of the bed and quickly changed out of the clothes that she had slept in. Izzy wasn't quite sure what their plan was now that they were staying with Hector and what seemed to be his family, but she decided to not think too much about it and ruin this for herself and Miguel.

          The girl didn't even get to pull an outfit out before Miguel came walking into the room. Izzy's eyes shifted over to him, furrowing her eyebrows when she couldn't tell whether the facial expression on his face was angry or content. When Miguel saw Izzy was awake and up, he let out a deep sigh, like he was going to get something off of his chest.

          "My mom lied to me," Miguel blurted out, all Izzy could do was stare at him confused.

          Her head slightly tilted, "What do you mean?" Izzy questioned his words.

          "My–my dad, he doesn't even know I exist and he is nothing like my mom said he was. He invited us to something called El Hoyo Verde, it's, like, some boxing club." Miguel shook his head as he explained, going around Izzy to own his bag.

          Izzy's eyes followed him. "Wait, he didn't know you existed?"

          Miguel shook his head again, but to answer her question, looking back at his girlfriend. "Yeah. I guess my mom got pregnant and just ran." He simply stated, Izzy watching him open his bag to look through his clothes.

          She thought about his words and Izzy began to feel unsettled by the fact that his mom never told Hector of Miguel's existence. Izzy turned to face Miguel, looking up at the boy who seemed too distracted by picking an outfit out. Izzy wanted to say what she was thinking, but she didn't want to ruin this for Miguel. She still found herself pouring the words out of her mouth.

"Maybe it was for a reason?" Izzy suggested, Miguel's eyes finally shifting to the girl beside him. "I'm just saying.. if he didn't know you existed, Miguel, your mom might've been protecting you from something." Izzy explained, shrugging her shoulders.

          Miguel looked at her, a look on his face that asked her 'seriously?'. He didn't mean to let out a scoff, but he did as he spoke, "You're on her side now?" Miguel didn't even realize how it came out until he noticed Izzy's expression change, showing that she was clearly pissed off.