four

Lily walks out of the manager's office with a smile, Finn looks at her as he was waiting outside the office for her "by that smile I take you got the job?" she just nods as the manager walks out behind her "let me just get your uniform and you can start"

Lily smiles at him "Thank you" he walks off to get her uniform "that was rather easier than I thought it would be" 

Finn looks over at her "really?" 

She nods "yeah.... actually all I had to do was mention my certification from NYU and just like that I had the job"

Finn gives her a look "you went to NYU to be a bartender?" Lily chuckles with a nod "yeah it was a hell of a lot cheaper than say going to be a lawyer" the manager walks back up "here is your uniform... if you want to put in on you are more than welcome to start right now" Lily nods "thank you again for the job"

The manager nods "well I'm a bartender short and you have all the qualifications for the job" he walks away and Lily walks to the bathrooms to change and get to work. Once changes she walks back out putting her bag in a locker in the back then walks behind the bar.

A blonde man looks at her "you're new" Lily can't help the snarky comment that slips out "yeah I'd think so considering I just started this job literally 5 minutes ago" then a blonde girl comes up with a laugh "you've got spunk.... I like that" she holds a hand out and to be polite Lily takes her hand and gets a flash of the girl's life as she does every time she touches a vampire "I'm Rebekah"

Lily smiles at her "Lily.... what can I get you guys?" Rebekah smiles "how about a bottle of red for me" Lily nods "I'll be right back with that" she looks at the man "what about you?" "Bourbon" "coming right up" she fixes the Bourbon first then grabs a bottle of wine for Rebekah "Here is your bottle and your Bourbon" Handing each of them their respective drinks.

"you might want to watch those two" she glances back at Finn as he continues "they can be rather nasty if provoked" Lily just smirks giving him a look before going to serve some more customers.

A little while later she walks back down the bar and the blonde man from earlier is still there "you know I never caught your name earlier" the man looks at her "Klaus" Lily nods "Well you heard me say my name earlier but I'm gonna say it again I'm Lily"

Klaus looks at her rather amused "you are wearing a nametag... there was really no need to say your name" Lily chuckles "oh so you've got snark huh? Well you and I are gonna get along just fine then, snark and sarcasm are basically my second language"

He laughs as she hears Finn from beside her "My little brother doesn't know just how true that is yet" that makes Lily bite back a smile before she looks back at Klaus "can I get you another drink?" "sure" "same thing?" he nods "yeah" she fixes him another bourbon and slide it in front of him "there you go enjoy... you know drinking alone is no fun"

He gives her a look "really? you're gonna be that kinda bartender?" Lily just smirks at him "oh honey I'll be whatever kind of bartender you need. you need someone to listen I'll lend you an ear. You just don't wanna drink alone well give me a call and I'll be your drinking buddy or your sober friend that tells you not to make bad decisions. I just won't sleep with you, gonna go ahead and put that out there"

"you don't even know me" Lily smirks "I know more than you think but that's all I'm gonna say on it" she grabs a napkin and writes her number on it 'If you ever need a friend give me a call' and she slips it over to him then walks away to serve other customers.

By the end of her shift, Lily made at least $200 in tips which in her experience is a very good first day on the job.

Finn looks at her as she walks into her house "You really just befriended my paranoid little brother in a bar" Lily shrugs with a laugh "you really don't sound surprised though" Finn shakes his head "I'm not... I know you well enough now Lily to have expected it the moment he got snarky with you" she just grins at him "well what can I say I've always been known to be a troublemaker so naturally, that is the crowd I gravitate towards.... sometimes all you have to do is be nice to people"

***
I love them so much already and not to mention Lily's future friendships with both Klaus and Rebekah.