five

That night Lily is pulled into a dream/vision she looks around and instantly knows what's happening this is not the first time she's spoken to her Grams this way "Grams" the woman smiles at her oldest granddaughter "Lily"

Lily gives her a look"let me guess this is about Finn?" Sheila nods "He may be a spirit but he's still an original vampire and you know the rule we don't get involved in vampire business unless absolutely necessary"

"I can't help that I can see him, Grams, and you know what being over there can do to someone, you're not alone you have the witches and our ancestors but he doesn't have anybody, he's completely alone over there and me being able to see him and interact with him helps with the loneliness he feels so I'm not gonna stop talking to him.... As long as I can help him I'm not gonna abandoned him as everyone else in his life has"

Sheila looks at her "you care for him?" Lily shakes her head "I don't know how I feel about him, I've only known him for a few weeks but have we connected? Yeah, I think so in some kind of way, in such a short amount of time I've come to trust him and he trusts me."

Shelia smiles at her granddaughter knowing that when Lily is passionate about something there is no swaying her from it "I can see it, Lily, you do care for him... you just haven't figured out in what way yet... I must go now Lily but I had to talk to you about it" "Bye Grams"

The dream/vision ends and Lily wakes up in a sweat the way she always does when that happens. She sits up for a moment to catch her breath those type of visions always leaves her a little breathless.

She lets out a breath looking at her clock and it's flashing 2:45 AM before getting up and walking into her bathroom splashing water onto her face and heading down to the kitchen knowing that she isn't getting back to sleep anytime soon. Lily ends up making herself some tea, which she learned to appreciate from a friend she met in New York.

She takes a sip of her tea closing her eyes and then opening them to see Finn in front of her, "it's 3 AM, what are you doing up?" she smiles "I had a dream thing and I can never go back to sleep after one of them... Hence the tea, I've found it helps me relax"

"What kind of dream was it? Like a nightmare?" she shakes her head "no it's more like a vision than a dream and it's the way my Grams communicates with me sometimes and I can never go back to sleep after one of them"

"Oh I see I'm sorry" Lily smiles at him "it's okay, It's a side effect can't really be helped at least I don't have to work tomorrow I can sleep then get my sleep schedule fixed" "you've only worked one day and you already have a day off?" Lily chuckles "yeah we fixed my schedule up before I clocked out last night and I work five days a week and I get Thursdays and Sundays off unless another day is needed or unless they need me to work one of those days"

A few hours later Lily's phone rings, she smiles seeing her sisters name flash "Hey Bon" "Hi Lil. Elena wants to talk to you, I tried to tell her what you told me but she wants to talk to you" Lily rolls her eyes "fine I'll meet you somewhere?"

"Elena is at the Boarding House and I'm on my way there" "Okay I'll meet you there" Lily hangs up the phone and groans. Finn looks at her "what is it?" She rolls her eyes "Elena wants to talk to me and I'm dreading..... I don't like her but I told my sister I'd go because Elena is her best friend"

Lily walks upstairs to get read, after she showers and gets dressed, Lily grabs her keys and heads out of the house. She gets into her car and follows the directions Bonnie sent her to the Salvatore Boarding House.

She cuts the car off and gets out walking up to the door and knocks a minute later the door opens and Elena and Bonnie are at the door. Lily smiles at her sister "I'm here, so what is this about?" the three of them walk into the living room.

Bonnie nods at Stefan "this is my older sister Lily" Lily gives him a wave "why am I here?" Elena looks at her "thanks for coming Lily" Lily gives a little sarcastic smile "I didn't come for you, I'm here because my sister asked me. So that being said I'm leaving unless you tell me why I'm here"

Elena nods "okay there has to be a way to reverse it" Lily rolls her eyes "Look I told Bonnie what I knew and there is no magical cure for vampirism, it doesn't exist and it's never been done so therefore and it's not possible"

Elena opens her mouth again "just because you've never heard of it being done doesn't mean it's not possible" Lily bites the inside of her lip for a moment "Elena, I have studied pretty much every type of magic there is and not once in my research has a cure for vampirism ever popped up so that means it doesn't exist and here's the thing..... even if it did exist I wouldn't risk my life or my sisters life to find it for you and if that is all I am leaving..... and congratulations you just wasted my time Bonnie told you what I told her, if you had just listened then I wouldn't have had to waste my time on you"

Lily walks out of the Boarding House and back to her car, she grits her teeth as she climbs into the car "that bad huh?" she looks over and see's Finn in the passenger seat of her car, she rolls her eyes and pulls away from the house "well she just wasted my time because she asked me the same thing my sister did a few weeks ago on my first day in town had she listened to that my trip over here wouldn't have been necessary"

"And what is that?" She looks over at him "A cure for vampirism because poor little Elena isn't cut out to be a vampire. Well, she can toughen up and get used to it because there is no way I am risking hell on earth just for her to be human again" "so it is possible?"

Lily shrugs "I don't know for sure but I've heard rumors and stories about a man named Silas story goes he was the first immortal, not a vampire but still immortal and he was put to sleep by a powerful witch named Qetsiyah my family is descended from her but he tricked her into making him immortal and then he betrayed by trying to run with her handmaiden Amara she punished him by killing Amara and putting him down, rumor is that with Silas lay the cure for vampirism but to get it you have to wake him and waking him would bring hell on earth. So you see why I'm reluctant to share that with my sister and her friends because they would stop at nothing no matter the consequences to get that cure but like I said nobody knows for sure it even exists it's just stories and rumors"

***
As you can see Lily is gonna be the smart and rational one here XD