Chapter 18

Will's POV:

It's been really great having Rose around. To be honest, it almost made me forget about all of my troubles. I love being normal with her and like a real life couple. Which, we kinda are if I don't think too hard about the route that took us here. I've been able to hold off Olthen from getting to Shadow and Walker with the serum. I think Olthen is happy with with what ended up occurring with Rose, so he's sort of letting me deal with Shadow and Walker. And by "deal" with them, I mean keeping them off topic with Olthen and taking care of them myself. Shadow, of course, finds what Olthen did to Rose to be wrong. And I... I agree and I know it's wrong but the second I see Rose's face as she smiles at me walking down the hall or-or making breakfast for us I just... forget. There's no other word for it. Olthen has been spending the vast majority of his time with Rose and she's definitely becoming a true fighter. It actually... it kinda scares me. I knew she had crazy powers that could do things that I, nor Olthen, really, had ever seen before. But the... the control she has and the imagination she has is... a bit horrifying. Olthen finds it fascinating. I-I don't know what he wants to accomplish after all is said and done, but whatever it is... Rose's training is making it seem a lot more terrifying than I had once thought.

With hundreds of thoughts swimming through my mind I head down the hall to Olthen's training area. I walk through the door hoping to see Rose and Olthen, but just see... "Olthen? Where's Rose? I thought she was training with you today?" Olthen looked to me, smirking and then back to the dummy he had, presumably, stolen. He starts slashing at it with his katana.

"She went out. Said she needed to run some errands. Her words not mine." My nose scrunched up in confusion.

"Wh-what? What do you mean? You let her leave? Without supervision? I-I could have gone with her, why did no one tell me?" I started to get nervous. If Olthen was letting Rose go out alone, that means that he actually trusted her... and that could mean... Gods I hope she's ok. She's been spending so much time with Olthen I-I shouldn't have let that happen... oh gods....

"She's fine, Will. She's more than capable of handling herself. Her training has gotten her very far... physically and mentally." I felt a shiver go up my spine with his words.

"Wh-what do you mean 'mentally', Olthen." My words came out in almost a whisper.

"Oh, calm yourself, Will. She's on our side, that's all you need to know..." He stopped using his katana and looked at me with malice in his eyes. "You know, Will. You should be more grateful and less judgmental." He spat. "I made Rose into who she is. I practically gave her to you on a silver platter. No baggage included. There will be consequences if you continue to question me, do you understand?" Olthen finished. He had a sort of craze in his eyes. In this moment I felt real fear. I could start to see less and less of the Olthen I once knew that I'd be able to save. My hope might actually be starting to diminish which was the most terrifying part of all. I needed to get into contact with Damian...

"I-I'm sorry, Olthen. You... you're right. I'm just... it's nothing I'm just stressed is all. I-I should Uh... go." I turned around to leave, but just as I was about to take a step the door to the training area opened. "R-Rose?" I could feel the blood leave my face, turning white.

"Hey, hun." She smirked. She walked towards me slowly.

"Rose. What-what did you do?" I asked softly. I was shocked. Her beautiful hair that reminded me of that princess who-who's hair glowed when she sang... her beautiful Golden hair was gone. She had dyed her hair this dark brown, or maybe it was black. I-I don't know. I stepped towards her and cupped her face with my hands. The smile she had on her face didn't leave. She rolled her eyes at my shocked expression but didn't move so I could examine her. She had a... a nose ring and I looked down to find tattoos. This... this is not my Rose. Her once sunny appearance and happy, loving nature seemed to have vanished before my eyes.

"Will? You ok?" She asked me. I opened my mouth to speak but was at a loss for words. She put a hand on my shoulder and softly nudged me aside. "What do ya think, Olthen?" She smiled wildly. My confusion could only seem to grow.

"Ah, it's incredible. I'm glad you were able to find what you needed in town." Olthen said nonchalantly. "You should show Vex. She said she needed to speak to you, anyhow. Come back after and we'll continue the lesson we left off at yesterday." Olthen's more serious tone returned. Rose nodded and turned back to me. She rolled her eyes again to see I was still standing there, dumbfounded.

"Will, you should really close your mouth." She said. She put her hand under my chin and closed my mouth for me. All I could do was look at her. "It really isn't polite to stare. Save that for later." She winked at me and then left to go see Vex. I looked at Olthen. All he did was smile quickly and then pick up his katana he had placed on the floor, going back to what he was doing as though nothing had happened.

I was horrified. Rose... the Rose I knew before when we were back at the prison would have never acted like this. She would have never done this. It's like she was... getting rid of her old self. And if she was doing this of her own free will, that means that whatever spell Olthen cast on her was still in effect. It was even maybe taking on a new life in Rose.

I rushed to my room to search for something that could help me in any way. I practically tore apart the room looking. My clothes were out of their drawers on the floor, there were papers out of place and then.... I found it. Under the bed. It wasn't mine so it had to be Rose's. I picked it up and instantly knew what it was. A bracelet made by Damian. I didn't know why I knew for sure but I could just... I could just tell. I put it on my wrist and knew that now that I had this, I would need help. I had a plan and I knew if I could get help, I'd be able to accomplish the task. Was it a risk? Yes. But was it necessary? Absolutely. I just hope it won't come back to bite me...

^__^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^