Chapter 16

Vex's POV:

Before I went to go to my former room with Olthen, I decided to go hunting for dinner. It's been a long day and I think we all needed some fresh food. I was still, understandably, traumatized from my last hunting "experience" after I shot Maddox. I was shaking at every shot so I decided to just go fishing in the end. I sharpened a stick on my way to the lake. About an hour and a half of failed attempts and I was more than exhausted. This was useless and I didn't have enough energy to keep trying. My emotional exhaustion mixed with my physical exhaustion was not helping in the slightest. I decided to turn back and head to get my things from Olthen's room. Once I stepped in I was met by a... really well dressed Olthen. He had clean clothes on, and his hair... "Olthen? What... what happened to your hair?" A small smile started to rise to my face even though I tried my best to suppress it.

"I uh..." He scratched the back of his neck. "I cut it. And I did a few other things too." He said stepping aside. There was a table with a single candle in the middle and plates of food on each side.

"Did you do this for me?" I asked, shocked. This just seemed like a new Olthen. I didn't bother suppressing the smile anymore.

"Yeah..." He said shyly. "And I also fixed Rose. For Will. She's on my side now, but she's not mad at him. A-and I'm also letting her stay with him. Vex I'm... I'm madly in love with you. And I'd do anything for you. I hate when you're mad or if I do something to screw up everything. I'm so sorry, Vex. Will you... will you take me back?" He said shakily. I smiled widely. This was a whole new side of Olthen that I was falling in love with all over again. He looked happier. Worried about me and what I'd say and worried about the future, I could tell. But there was just something different about him.

"Of course I'll take you back." I said and engulfed him into a hug. I could feel his rapid heart beat and hear him sigh, putting his chin on the top of my head, giving me a little, comforting squeeze.

"I really do love you, Vex." He whispered. I smiled.

"I love you too, Oli." I said, calling him by his real name. Well, his real names nickname that is. I could feel him smile. Once we let go I looked at him and ran my hands through his hair. "New hair?" I giggled. I saw a blush rise to his cheeks.

"Yeah... I don't know about it, though." He said, his hands resting on my waist. I could tell he didn't want to let me go.

"Well I like it. It suits you. You look very handsome." He let out a laugh.

"Well I don't know about that, but if you like it, then I'll keep it." I then looked over to the table.

"So whats all this?" He rushed to pull out a seat for me. I thanked him and sat down as he sat down shortly after in front of me.

"It's apart of my apology. You do practically everything here, Vex. You hunt, you keep the peace, you keep me sane. I don't know where I'd be without you. And I kinda just wanted to give that back." He explained. I really couldn't keep this smile off of my face. I just couldn't even begin to believe that this was happening. That Olthen did all of this. For me. It was incredible. But it also meant that there was a chance that he'd change his mind about his plans to get his dad back. I dare not talk about it now. Right now, everything was too perfect. I didn't want to mess this up.

"Well there's not much else I can do. Me being a mortal and all." I said beginning to eat. I was pleasantly surprised this this wasn't horrible and gladly kept on eating after the first bite. Olthen didn't say anything. I looked at him, sitting there and picking at his food. "Olthen? What's wrong?" I asked. He shook himself out of his thought.

"Oh! Nothing, nothing. I was just thinking." He smirked. I rose an eyebrow.

"About?" I asked curiously.

"You. Me. Us." He stated. I shook my head and chuckled.

"You're so stupid." I said playfully. "So, what did you do with Rose?" I asked spiking conversation.

"Oh! So basically I do have her memory wiped. Somewhat... it's hard to explain. She remembers her feelings for Will and any of the good times she spend with him," he rolled his eyes. I let out a small laugh. "But as for her friends back at her home base, she doesn't remember them at all. But I'm planning on conditioning her to see them as the enemy. That'll be tomorrow. For now, Will can have her all to himself." He smiled at the end hopefully. I nodded.

"Okay... that sounds fine. And what about Rose's mom? What'd you do with her? We never spoke about this." I questioned.

"She's safe and in her home. I am tracking her, though, just to make sure she doesn't try anything. I've known her my whole life, she's a smart woman. But as of now, everything seems to be under control." I nodded.

"Okay then. Good. I'm glad to hear it." He seemed proud of himself hearing me say that. We finished our meal soon after our conversation and decided to head to bed. I laid down first and felt the bed sink next to me, Olthen inching closer and wrapping his arms around my waist. I snuggled into him. He kissed me on the lips and then on the forehead.

"I love you, angel. Good night." I felt warmth radiate through me.

"I love you too." And then I fell asleep into a peaceful abyss that is my mind. I didn't want to think anymore. My brain was just about gush at this point so I don't think I could have even if I wanted to.