Chapter 2

Rose's POV:

It's been a few weeks, I think, since we've been back at Camp. I have to admit, I did miss it here. But... I still want to go home. I know, since Olthen is, most likely, dead, then I'll have a decently safe journey this time. But first... Ben. I've been putting off talking to him about us since we got back. I just don't feel the same anymore. I miss Will. I miss him so much.

I walk into my cabin to see Myra lying down with Hunter who's asleep on her lap. We've gotten her a better bed and she's been in heaven with sleep ever since we got back. I'm sure Percy will let her stay here while I'm away. He's good like that. "Hey, Myra." I say sadly, plopping myself down on my bed and lying on my back.

"What's up, Rose?" She said glancing over at me. I turned my gaze to the ceiling.

"Nothing, I guess." I said flatly.

"You sure? You seem a bit off." I shook my head and then sat up against the bed frame.

"I am a bit off." I replied honestly.

"You wanna talk about it?" She questioned sitting up, allowing Hunter to move to the end of the bed.

"...do you remember Will?" I asked hesitantly.

"Umm... the tall one? With the needle?" I chuckled at the memory of Will having to carry Myra and throw her into a sitting position after she attempted to fight him.

"Yeah." I affirmed.

"What about him? He didn't do anything to you while you were trapped with him, right?" She sat up straighter, tensing up.

"Uh... no?" I questioned, not so sure how to answer.

"Gods, Rose. You should've said something earlier. Did he hurt you?" She said coming over and sitting across from me on my own bed.

"Not at all, actually." I said beginning to smile, but I stopped myself when I realized Myra was watching me.

"Okay..." She said in an unsure manner.

"Myra... I did something really bad." I said hugging my knees and looking away from her.

"I doubt it was that bad." She said reassuringly. I took a deep breath before I chose to speak again.

"I cheated on Ben." I said quickly.

"Wait, wait. What?!" She exclaimed, horrified. I threw up my hands.

"You heard me! I'm a horrible person! H-How do I tell Ben?! I have to break up with him but I... I don't know how..." I began rambling. I felt like I was gonna burst out crying.

"Okay, first of all, calm down. Gods... alright. When did this happen?" She said becoming calmer. I let out a shaky sigh before I let it all out.

"Well... I guess it started when Will took me out to this brook. He uh... I was claustrophobic in his room and he just took me outside. I wanted to go into the water cause I knew it'd help the healing process with my sickness, so he took my anklet off and put it on himself and let me do what I wanted. And I just... his lip was bleeding and..." I trailed off.

"You kissed him?" She finished my thought. Not fully but...

"No! He kissed me!" I assured her. It was true, the first time it was him.

"So it was only one time and he started it. That's not that bad, Rose." She said with a reassuring smile.

"It uh... it wasn't a one time thing. I swear I wanted to make it a one time thing but then... ok... I was trying to do what Nathan used to do and like... trick him? B-But then I kinda got attached..." I trailed off again attempting to explain myself. I could have sworn I was just making it worse... I knew I was...