Chapter 8

Ben's POV:

"Ben? Hey, Ben. Wake up, bro." I was shaken awake by Damian. He had a smirk on his face which was odd because ever since we all came back from saving Rose and Myra, he's been blank-faced and solemn. So you could say I was truly curious as to why this sudden change had occurred.

"I'm up, I'm up. What's happening, Damian?" I asked, sitting up quickly.

"It's Rose. She contacted me." My face lit up and I quickly stood up and began barreling Damian with questions.

"Is she home? Did she say anything about me? Is her mom okay? Is she okay? I swear, Damian, if she isn't-" He cut me off.

"Everyone is fine. But she did tell me she saw Brooks which could mean Olthen is still around. And obviously that means we have to be careful and take care of this problem once and for all. So, the best option, which she told me, is for her to come back here so we all can regroup and get rid of this problem forever." I smiled, but it quickly faded.

"Wait, so she's coming back... but after we get rid of Olthen... did she say what she was doing?" He smiled.

"She's staying, Ben. Here, with all of us." I was at a loss for words so I just waited for him to continue. "She said she misses you, Ben. And all of her friends. She also said her mom would move to New York so she can have the best of both worlds. So... yeah." He smiled, proud of himself for being the one to bear the good news.

"Oh gods... I-I can't believe this. D-Damian... thank you so much... I-gods... this is the best day of my life! We should meet her half way! How long did she say!?" I asked.

"The point is for us to regroup here, Ben. Hopefully her mom will drive her so it'll only be a few days. You've waited this long, Ben. What's a few more days?" He asked me. I nodded.

"You're right. I'm just... just so happy." He looked down.

"Uh, Ben. It's awkward for me to say, but Rose says she's sorry. Just in case. And she loves you." He said quickly. My smile only grew.

"Thank you, Damian. For everything." He nodded.

"Of course, Ben. I'm gonna go tell the others. But, just so we're ready to go the day she gets here, I'd get a small bag ready." I nodded as Damian left.

The love of my life is coming back. And I need something... something to prove that she is truly the one for me.