Chapter 6

Will's POV:

It took me about four days, but I finally convinced Olthen to let me go into town. Of course, I had some help from Vex, but the idea was mine. I told Olthen that I'd need a few ingredients that I couldn't get unless I went into town. He said I could only if Sienna could accompany me. This kinda screwed things up, but I had no choice but to work with what I had. Sienna walked with me as we headed into town. She kept messing with me. Tripping me while I walked, squishing my cheeks and embarrassing me in public, jumping around me. It was all lighthearted and I did laugh. It was a better environment to be outside and in society, so I didn't mind playing along with Sienna's antics. But then... I saw her. In a café with another lady. W-Was that her mom? Did she finally get to go home?! Gods... wait... wait wait wait... we're in Ayrith. Her hometown. Olthen knew. He had to know. I have to warn her. But Sienna is here... ugh gods why is this so complicated. I'm not sure if she saw me but the second I looked back to see if she did, she was gone.

She definitely saw me.

Rose's POV:

I had finally taken a shower and put some of my old clothes on that, were... actually a bit big. Gods... when I was younger all I could really think about was losing weight, but this... this seems unhealthy now. I wonder if any of my friends noticed? I wonder if anyone at all noticed... Once my mom and I had decided on a place to eat, which was a small café in town that I used to eat at as a child with her on weekends, we hopped in the car and headed that way. It was so nice to travel in a car again. We should have cars or dirt bikes or something to travel with at camp whenever there's a prophecy or something. Just in case, you know? I know that's like, pretty much impossible, but it's worth a shot to bring up. I'll be keeping that thought in the back of my mind to save for later. A few minutes later and we arrived at the Café. "Hasn't changed a bit, huh?" I said looking around and taking a seat at a table for two outside with my mom.

"Yep. They've always liked to keep that home-y feel here. I'm glad too, because it wouldn't be the same if they didn't." I nodded with a smile taking in my surroundings and breathing the fresh air in deeply as we sat outside under a floral umbrella. "So what would you like to eat?" My mom asked. I glanced at the menu although I knew it by heart.

"Uhm... let's see here..." I browsed it jogging my memory a bit. "I think I'm gonna get a cup of tea and a small cheese omelette." I looked up at my mom for reassurance that I could get it. It was a habit that came back to me after all this time. She smiled and nodded.

"I think I might get the same, that sounds nice." We ordered and then got our food and drinks and, as we were eating, I glanced over to take in my surroundings. It was such a beautiful day. The sun was shining, although it was just a bit cloudy, but it was a warm temperature nonetheless. But then... something caught my eye. Was that?... No, it couldn't be. He disappeared in that portal, didn't he? But he's perfectly fine, and smiling. And he... found another girl? B-But I thought he said he'd wait for me... Ben was right... Myra was right... "Rose, are you alright?" My mom asked me, looking to me with a concerned expression on her face.

"C-Can we go? Please, mom." I begged her.

"Of course, you can wait in the car while I pay, alright?" She said handing me the keys. I nodded quickly and then we both gut up as she went to the front of the café and I raced to the car. My breathing sped up and I felt like I was gonna have a panic attack. I felt a tear run down my cheek, but I wiped it away quickly and harshly.

So he found another girl in a matter of a week? Two weeks? Gods, I don't even know how long it's been... doesn't that mean he's changed Olthen? I didn't believe him when he said he could do it, but I guess I should have. I feel so... so stupid. I left Ben for... that. I need to go home. I need to fix this. The only way is to contact Damian. Tonight.