Chapter 12

Rose's POV:

Will and I made our way down to the cells in silence. I felt like I believed Will when he said that there was nothing between him and that girl, but I couldn't be so sure. We've been apart for so long, and Will is such a good guy that I knew someone would take to him like I did. I hoped that the next time I saw him he'd be single and I could maybe start something with him... or think about starting something... but this is better. He deserves someone better. After knowing how I was with Nathan and Ben, he deserves someone loyal and kinder. Ben and I... well I do still think he deserves someone better, but I also think that Ben and I are meant to be. Ben loves me and I think as of now, I've never loved anybody more. I was stupid to leave seeing as I'm in this crappy situation again. But I guess I am glad that I was able to see my mom again. And, if this ends the way I hope it will, she's willing to move to New York to be closer to me. After a while, I realize we have arrived. "Rose? Is that you?" I hear a familiar voice.

"Shadow? Is that you?" I see a figure walk over to the bars of her cell, the light revealing I was right.

"Rose... oh gods it's so good to see you! But you're here... that could either mean you're here to break us out or..."

"Yeah... it's the 'or'." I say with a harsh tone of voice that I directed towards Will more than anyone else.

"Will, you did this?" Walker chimed in.

"Walker? You're alive too?! Gods, I'm glad you guys are ok, but I never intended on seeing you like... like this..." I said sadly. Walker just gave me a weak smile, deciding to wait on Will to answer his question. Will stayed silent.

"Will didn't do this. Olthen came to my house. He threatened to harm my mother... so I came willingly." I explained.

"I really wouldn't define that as willingly, Rose." Shadow replied. I shrugged. "Will... you're just gonna let this happen?" I cut Will off before he could speak.

"Yes he is because I value my mothers life and that's that. So with that said... open the door." I gestured to the cell across from Shadow and Walker. Will looked down at me with pleading eyes.

"Rose... please don-"

"Open it." I commanded. Will looked down and obeyed, opening the cell door. I stepped inside slowly and turned back to face him. He wouldn't meet my gaze. "You need to close it, Will." He shook his head.

"I-I can't, Rose. I just... I c-can't! I don't want to put you in this position again! Y-you of a-all people don't deserve it!" Will broke down and fell to his knees. He had his head in his hands. I could hear his soft sobs. I rolled my eyes, beginning to feel guilt. I shouldn't feel any guilt though... I shouldn't... so I pushed it down. I looked to Shadow and Walker with an expression that asked them what I should do. Walker bit his lip and shrugged. Shadow, though, gestured to Will and nodded her head. I took a deep breath and walked out of my cell over to him. I kneeled down next to him and put my hand on his back.

"Will... I forgive you. But this... this has to happen. You know it does... I know you have a good heart and I know that you'll do the right thing. Just... please don't prolong this. Close the door and lock it. Everything that comes after that, we'll take one at a time. Okay?" I tried to say as calmly and as comforting as possible. Will finally took his head out of his hands. His cheeks were wet and he had red eyes from crying. He nodded and I helped him get up. He finally closed me in the cell and locked it. Will eventually left without another word and I walked over to the wall and slid down it into a sitting position with my head in my hands. I took a deep breath.

"Rose, are you okay? Did Olthen get ahold of you at all?" I heard Shadow speak up once Will was completely gone. I attempted to get myself together as I spoke.