Chapter 4

Will's POV:

When I got pushed into that portal, I thought I'd be alone with Olthen and maybe a few other demigods that I've really never talked to. That is, until, they got pushed in too. I was with Shadow and Walker. Walker had broken his leg in Olthen's attempt to greet us in our escape. Shadow fought, but she had explained in our short walk to our new prison-like place that she had a choice to either: get crushed to death because of Rose's earthquake since she wasn't close enough to Myra in order to be protected, or jump into the portal at the last second, being quick to help Walker get to safety too. Obviously, she cared more about her life... if I had the choice I would have done the same... but, then again, did I really wanna be stuck with Olthen? I knew I had to find a way to change him so that I could have the old Olthen back. But then, when he met Vex, my sister, everything went downhill. Vex was great, she really was. It's just that... she was wicked. She took things too seriously, she wanted to kill anything she could get close enough too, and she was, altogether, a bad influence on Olthen. Of course, though, ever since they got together, Olthen's been a lot kinder towards me. I can tell Vex might be a daughter of Aphrodite but there's just something that's... off. There seems to be more to her. I just... I can't put my finger on it. Olthen has told her she's a mortal, which makes her grateful for Olthen taking her in along with Maddox and Sienna. But she just seems too powerful. I won't tell her that since she might get angry. She tended to trust Olthen a little more with that type of thing. She hated his guts, but she trusted his word. Sienna, on the other hand, despises Olthen. Absolutely despises him. They're siblings, being children of Hecate so I'm not worried about anything happening to Olthen in that matter. He remembers more spells than her anyways. I have a feeling that the only reason Olthen agreed to taking Sienna in was because he assumed she had a spell book that she wasn't telling anyone about. I've tried to talk to her about this but she just denies it and end the conversation quickly. I've stopped trying to talk to her about anything after a while anyways. Maddox on the other hand... Vex had to convince Olthen not to kill the poor kid. He's sweet and quiet and I can tell Vex had taken him under her wing in a sense. Sienna had too. We usually used him for scouting or helping Vex to hunt. He did small jobs that nobody else wanted to do. And, as for the other demigods Olthen had captured... they didn't make it. They all died in the fall. At least we assumed so. I was just glad that Walker and Shadow were alive. E-Even though Olthen refused to let me speak to them. He called them traitors and kept them locked in cages. I hated it, but I guess they were safer there than anywhere else. Gods I wish they would have been able to make it back to Camp with everyone else...

I walk towards the cells that Shadow and Walker were being kept in after my small chat with Vex. She told me I could speak to them, so I was more than happy to head over there right away. "Shadow? Walker? Hey, you guys." I said stepping into the light.

"Will? Are you alone?" Shadow glared suspiciously past me into the darkness.

"Yeah yeah, I'm alone. How are you guys? I-Is there something I can do? I-... I'm so sorry about this guys..." I moved closer to the bars of their cell, feeling the cold that seemed to radiate off it. Shadow and Walker were sitting close together. I feel so guilty for being so helpless right now, but I know I'm close to helping Olthen. I can feel it.

"We're fine, Will. There's nothing you can do." Shadow replied, nudging Walker awake and stretching before walking over to me.

"But I just... there's so much that I want to do but I just can't. Guys I wanna let you go, I really do. It's Olthen though... I can't just..." I trailed off, pressing my forehead against the cool metal. I took a deep breath and bit down on my lip, trying to relieve some stress.

"Hey, calm down. You don't have to talk us up like Rose. We've been here for years. We get it." Shadow joked weakly, ruffling my hair through the bars. Walker seemed to finally realize I was here and stood up, yawning and walking over to Shadow and I.