Chapter 17

Will's POV:

I woke up in Rose's arms. I smiled to myself when I saw her smirk in her sleep. I felt like we were starting all over again, and I couldn't be happier. Everything felt perfect. Well... as long as I didn't pay close attention to the details. But the details shouldn't matter anyways. Rose and I being together, plus Olthen acting like himself again... Gods, I felt like a new man! Rose woke up with a small stir. She smiled when she saw me. "Hey, Will. How'd you sleep, love?" I smiled even wider.

"Fantastic. Now that I'm with you, of course." She snuggled into my chest.

"I'm so glad to be back with you. I wouldn't want to be with anybody else." She said quietly. She started rubbing circles with her thumb on my back.

"So.... what do you wanna do today, gorgeous?" She got up and crawled onto me, since I was lying on my back already. She straddled me with her legs and placed her hands on my face, leaning in as close as possible without touching me.

"Oh, baby there are so many things I'm gonna do to you today." She whispered to me. I could feel my face heat up along with the rest of my body. Before I could say anything, though, there was a knock at my door.

"Will. I need Kirsten. We've got a long day of training ahead of us." I stayed silent out of shock. I could almost feel Olthen roll his eyes. "You have 15 minutes to get ready and then I want to see you two in the arena." I yelled a quick 'ok' back to him and then I heard his footsteps fade away.

"We should get ready, Rose. We have tonight to-" she cut me off with a long and lingering kiss.

"I'm pretty sure Olthen said I've got 15 minutes. 5 to get ready and then... I have ten minutes before that." She said seductively, refusing to move. I turned my head to look at the door and then back to meet Rose's gaze.

"Well... I mean I guess-" Rose cut me off once again with a kiss, followed by, well... much much more.

*Time Skip*

Soon, I realized that a lot of time had passed. Much faster than I thought and I really didn't want to anger Olthen. So I got ready quickly with Rose and we made our way down, hand in hand, to what Olthen had named the Arena. It was more of an abandoned parking garage, but he liked to put his own special twist on things.

Authors note:
This entire book is so unbelievably epic and I'm sorry to end on a cliff hanger. My previous friend and co-writer and I stopped talking years ago before we could finish the entire thing. I apologize for that because this series is still so special to me and I reread it every now and then. I'm glad so many have enjoyed reading and it warms my heart to see that people still enjoy it. Love you all! Hopefully one day I'll get to write out the end but I will only do so when I know for sure I'll do it thoroughly and not rushed. I want it to be how I would have wrote it when I first started because this series deserves that. Until then (and I hope there's a "then"), I love you all and thanks for reading!!!

-K