Chapter Ten

Days go by and Im still clueless about what to do with Ella and her undisclosed father. When I told Jisoo about my discovery during our visit to her beach house two weekends ago, she was as dumbfounded as I was. But   Jisoo was Jisoo She quickly got back to her rational mind.

Talk to her, tell her whatever it is. Its nothing like eight years ago when you were a scared kitten, looking for support from someone who knocked you up, she said. You will just offer her the fact that Ella is her child. She doesnt have to be involved with his daughters life. She doesnt even have to worry about child support because look at you, youre doing just fine raising her alone. The bottom line is that you dont keep this important fact from her.

But shes my big big boss. Dont you think it will be quite problematic?

I bet.

Maybe I should search for another job before dropping the bomb. Because if things get weird, or even worse, she denies Ella and creates a drama out of it, my career is on the line.

Do you think she would deny Ella?

I dont know, chu. I sighed. she doesnt want kids in the first place, let alone a daughter. She might not take this news well, or get panicked, or whatever. I really dont know how he will react to this. So, having another job for a backup if things get ugly sounds reasonable at the moment. Meanwhile, I can look for ways to tell him I was the girl at that party.

Jisoo didnt agree or disagree with my idea, but knowing me, she understood why I wanted to deal with this at my own pace. Ive improved a lot in these past years, but Im still that girl who jumps from one impulsive decision to another stupid one. Hence, Ive decided to wait until Im done with the assistant position. Not seeing him every day will probably help me think more clearly.

And the big day has arrived; today is my last day working on the executive floor.

The new guy, Andy, has finished his speedy employment training and starts his journey as Lalisa Manobans assistant. Andy is around my age and looks enthusiastic about his new job which I will not, at any cost, crush his spirit on his first day.

Glad you made it to this floor today, greets Ms. manoban when shes back from a business event. Im sure Ms. Kin has explained how things work in general. Feel free to ask me if you have further questions. And —she shifts her gaze to me— Ive got something for you.

I raise my eyebrows, intrigued by his sudden friendliness. Something doesnt feel right. Oh?

After rummaging through the business event bag shes been carrying, she takes a Galileo doll out and puts it on the assistant desk. Well, its more for Ella. I heard shes into the solar system. The event was all about it, and I thought she would love to have one. Seeing me speechless and gaping at him, he continues, And its also a part of my apology for making her mom stay later at work in these past few weeks.

Oh, wow! I gasp when I can find my voice again. She will definitely love this. She adores him. Thank you so much, ma'am. I beam at her. I have no idea he paid attention to my random chatter about Ella lately.

She nods and looks back at Andy. I will be in my room for the rest of the day. I believe its going to be an easy day for all of us. While Ms. Kim begins packing up, you can start digging into your work. With that, she strides away and disappears behind her door.

My oh my! Andy blinks as he brushes back his jet-black hair, his dark eyes shining with admiration. Were so lucky to have a charismatic, generous, and thoughtful boss!

I almost choke but I muffle it with a fake cough. Yeah. Youre so blessed to get this job, you know. Shes...one of the kind.

***