Part Three♡

You arrive back home immediately tell your grandma that you got the job.

She gives you a hug and congratulates you, then says she has some news.

"So..your mum isn't doing the best." "They didn't give me much detail yet but they think she'll be fine to come back home in the next two or three days;maybe longer depending in her test results..."

"Oh.."

It was worse than you thought..

"What I need to know is, are you fine with being here alone for about a week, me and grandpa have to go up to your auntis house and bring her to find a house here in Denver." You grandma says calmly. "Uh yeah.. totally fine I'll be ok" you say back with slight smile.

Later that day you and your grandma were making pies for a small neighbourhood celebration happening the next day.

"Wait so why are we making pies again?" You ask your grandma while she's rolling out the crust as you make fillings.

"I was talking to some of the neighbours a few weeks back and they want to have a small party like event to kick off the start of school. Cheryl's idea no doubt" You grandma says not taking her eyes off of her work.

"But we already started school..?" You say in confusion

"Well I don't control that now do I" you grandma says chuckling slightly while putting the rolled out dough into a pie plate then into the oven to bake.

You love baking with your grandma, It brought you two close together and she taught you some great skills.

After a few hours both pies were in the oven and your grandma went up to pack for her trip to visit and help your auntie. They end up leaving early that evening leaving you alone with the pies and the house.

After taking the pies out of the oven you take a shower, then go to your room and listen to some music.
Not to much time later you go downstairs and make yourself some dinner then watch some TV.

You slowly end up drifting to sleep on the couch.

After some hours you wake up to a random movie on the TV. You get up to check the time.

2:57

You set your dishes from dinner in the kitchen then head to your room to get back to sleep.

You wake up the next morning at 7:15.
You drag yourself out of bed and make yourself some eggs for breakfast. After you finish eating you brush your hair and teeth, and put on some light make up like usual.

You Grab your keys and head down to the Grab n' go for your first day of work.

As you walk in the door, no one is there yet besides Cheryl. She greets you kindly then heads out the door to get ready for the "party" later that evening.

You walk around the small store organizing some different items as you go.
At about 8:45 the first customer of the day comes in but you don't notice.

"Why are you here so early?"
You hear a voice say behind you. It was Vance.
"I work here now" you say proudly.
"Oh can I get this in quarters then?" He say putting his hand out with a five dollar bill.

"Uh yeah sure" you say as you walk behind the counter to get him his change.

You give him his quarters and he starts to walk over to the pinball machine.

"Wait so do you like know Cheryl?" He asks while inserting his first coin.

"Well yeah she lives really close to me and she's friends with my grandma", you say back as you lift yourself to sit on the counter.

"Oh, so are you going to that weird party thing today?" He asks not taking his eyes off his game.

"Yeah, how do you know about that?" You say to him

"My mom is helping organize it." He says as he loses his game. "Fucking piece of shit" he says to himself inserting another quarter.

Wait, he lives near you. Why did you never know that.

This is the longest you've ever talked to him besides when he wanted to know about you beating up Claire, and he wasn't even being mean. "Are you going to the party?" You ask him "I don't know it seems pretty boring to be honest" he says back

"Do you like pie?" You ask out of no where. It's like you didn't have control of your words.

"Yeah, why?"
"Uh because me and my grandma made some for the party"

"Oh cool"
"You should come it could be fun" you say to him

"Maybe I will" he says as more customers enter the store.

Sorry shorter chapter I had to do a lot of stuff to day plus babysit🥲. It will get better I promise lol.

 It will get better I promise lol