Part Sixteen <3

You all sit down at the diner, you and Vance sit beside each other across from Bruce and sit in awkward silence until the waitress comes over.

"What can I start for you guys this afternoon" she says with a warm smile

"Large strawberry milkshake, two straw please" Bruce says smiling at the lady then at you.

You see Vance give an odd look to the other boy across the table.

"And for you too?" She gestures towards you and Vance

"Just a Pepsi " Vance says to the waitress.

"Make it two" you add "thank you"

She writes in her notepad as she walks away.

Breaking the tension at the table Bruce speaks up again.
"So Vance, do you play any sports?"

"..no" he says not looking at Bruce.

"Oh well I play baseball" bruce says in return.

Vance stays silent.

Silence falls over the table once again as the waitress comes back with the drinks.

"Here you are, can I get y'all anything else?"

"Actually could we get some fries please" Vance pipes up.

"Of course they'll be out in a minute " she leaves again and the tension returns.

Bruce slides the milkshake to the middle of the table between you and places one of the straws towards you.
"I got two straws so we can share like we always do " he says

"Oh..uhm" you don't know what to say.
Yes before whenever you would come here that's what you would do but now that Vance is here it feels wrong. I mean he said he was your bf to Bruce so he must not think that would be ok. Right?

You feel eyes on you from both the boys and uncomfortable tension rises in you.

"Bruce..we don't do that anymore.."

"Oh yeah totally " he says looking down in embarrassment and pulling the glass towards himself again.
"Here's your fries kids" the waitress says with a smile "if you need anything just give me a holler"

About an hour passes with small meaningless and uncomfortable conversations until Bruce says he has to leave.

"Hey i better head home, it was nice to meet you Vance. Bruce says with his head down as he gets up to leave. "Bye y/n.."
He leaves the diner and starts his walk back home.

"Why was he acting like that" Vance says as the door to the diner closes and Bruce is just out of earshot.

"What do you mean?" You ask Turing your head towards Vance and away from the door

"I don't know like he's obsessed with you. It was just weird " he says in a stern tone

"I don't know I never really noticed that before".."let's get out of here" you say all sorts of things racing through your head

You both get up and leave the diner and start walking back to Vance's house.

Heyyyy I'm backkkkkkkk. So a little bit of a short chapter but ya girl is literally facing charges right now so cut me some SLACK😜🫶💋🤩🪩🧍🏼‍♀️💃 uhm yeah Imma be Bustin my ass for this now though prolly in weekends mostly cus I'm failing English and I gotta do that too😞
Anyway love ya!💋💋💋🫶🫶🫶
No meme today gotta stock up🤫