Part Eighteen<3

You didn't realize you fell asleep until you were being jerked
awake by your own mind after having flashes of the previous night.

You take deep breathes as you slowing sit up in your bed.
"Why couldn't it all just be a dream.." you think to yourself as you slowly force yourself to slide out of bed.
You walk over to your closet and grab a small flowered box from the shelf inside.
You bring the box down and sit at the foot of your bed criss cross as you set the box in your lap.
As you reach inside the box you pull out a pastel coloured photo album, you open to the first page and you a small picture of you and your mom at the hospital after she gave birth.

You slowly flip through the precious book giving a soft smile as you remember different
occasions that were pictured in your small book.
As you get further along you see your mom start appearing less and less in the photographs.
Your smile drops as the pit in your stomach aches again.
You close the album as shove the box back into your closet as if to never see it again.

You sit at your vanity in silence when you hear a knock at your bedroom door.

The door slowly opened as you see your grandma quietly walk into your room.

"Y/n.." she says calmly
You look over without speaking.

"We're heading over to the hospital, are you going to come honey?"

You hesitantly shake your head in response.
She nods and politely closes your door again.

You sit in your own uneasyness and glance at the time in your clock.

4:53 p.m.

You take a deep breath as you get up and walk out and into the hallway, you hesitate just before you reach for the bathroom door.
You open the door and see everything as it was before you got home the day before...no broken glass or the smell of cigarettes filling the small room. You stand and gaze at the room looking like nothing ever happened.

You go downstairs and sit in the living room and watch some tv to try and distract your mind.
Watching a movie took you mind away from everything that was happening in you life at that moment.

After you movie you get up and check the time again..

7:28 p.m.

"Hm" you stand in your kitchen thinking of what to do to keep your mind busy again. You grab a cup of water and sit down at the table with your sketchbook and start to scribble small drawings around the paper.
You sit and think about what happened with Vance the other day wondering if you did something wrong .
You continue sketching and about half an hour later you grandparents get back home from the hospital.
No words are said as they take off their costs and your grandma hangs up her umbrella.

"Hey Hun, you hungry?" You grandma speaks softly.

You shrug in response.
"We could order pizza..? Or I could make some soup if you wanted?. It's soup weather." She says trying to be more cheerful.
"Pizzas ok" you say calmly.

"Perfect , you read my mind" your grandpa says in a loving voice as he walks over and places a small kiss on your head before walking to the living room.
You go and watch tv with your grandpa while your grandma orders the pizza.

"You sure like these scary movies and crime shows huh bubbles" you grandpa says smiling at you.

"...yeah" you say hesitantly
"I know it's hard, but we'll get through it ok?"