- Not if I do it right -

Meeting old friends, usually this goes as follows: hugs and kisses upon meeting, sitting down and laughing at old memories, catching up on all manners of gossip. Flash forward to what was actually happening. Elliot and Valentina on one side of the table, a glass of red in each of their hands as they clutched each others other hand under the table and Annie sat on the other side remaining motionless waiting for one of them to make the first mood. Awkward silence filling the room with each member of the parties shoulder up in the sky with tension. Valentina swallowed a large gulp of the wine making an audible gulp, the click of the glass on the table as it was rested. The noise of Elliots foot tapping on the floor in anxiety.

"So Alex's spell worked?" Anna spoke after taking a big long sigh.

"Yeah pointed me in the direction of a family crypt in Poland, told me to recite this spell and one of Vee's ghosty ancestors appeared. Once I was able to channel her I could use that to wake her and reset the blood link." Alex explained, holding Valentina's hand comfortingly.

"Yep, no uncontrollable expression magic, no physical and emotional torment from dear old ma and pa. Obviously will only stay that way until someone lets the ancestors in one my locations but...for now" Vee added weakly smiling at the table. "Its nice being in contact with my brother again too, thanks.."

"Thats great...really good" Anna retorted. And the table went back to silence. The screech of knives and forks on china plates as the trio ate in silence. "Really lovely food, made it yourself Vee?" Anna spoke trying to make conversation

"Didn't know you were coming, had to wip up something quickly." Vee replied taking a bit of the Chicken Parmesan.

"Didn't know I was coming either, it was a last minute plan. I -"

"Let me guess, you need something" Elliot rolled his eyes already knowing what Annie was going to say. He scoffed when Anna simply silently confirmed this, pushing her hair out of the way realising the uncomfortable tension that was in the air.

"I need you to sever my humanity" Anna clarified

"I need you to sever my humanity" Anna clarified. "Not turn it off, but do that spell you were attempting to create for the better half of the 19th century when I was causing mania and make it so I cannot turn it off, bring all my human emotions to the surface. Make it so I don't have this uncontrollable rage"

"That spell has never been performed successfully, It killed all the test subjects I used- it will" Vee began to explain shaking her head.

"And if you can't make it so I am cured from this red blood thirsting rage then the world will be a better place anyway" Anna finished taking a bite of her dinner and washing it down by finishing the last gulp of wine.

...

"I can't do this Elliot. Its going to kill her" Vee spoke quietly to her boyfriend as she was grinding up herbs looking throw the doorway at Anna who was fiddling with their record player and swaying to the music.