- Weed Killer -

Paris, France 1881

A young 19th century Ilianna strolled around the French market, the diverse fruits and arts decorating the streets She smiled sweetly at the market sellers who to no success negotiated with those walking past their stalls. Anna innocently picked up an apple from the fruit stall and sneakily took a bite, but as she went for the second bit she jumped out of her skin by the touch on her shoulder. She wiped behind her, ready to attack but she was greeted by her uncle. 

"Uncle, you are in France" Anna stated shocked and not sure what he was thinking, ever since around 1840, after Anna had met Katherine she had deliberately lost contact with her uncle. 

"How very perceptive of you Ilianna, now I'm sure this lovely merchant wishes to be paid and we can be on our way" Elijah said his voice sarcastic yet demanding. Anna sighed with a scoffing smile before paying the man and following her uncle. 

"Didn't take you for a Parisian Ilianna." Elijah mentioned as he walked with her niece. 

"Well dear uncle, it is a new France" Ilianna mentioned, knowing her uncle had not visited since before the revolution. "I relish in change' 

"Just like you enjoyed the company of one Stefan Salvatore only decades ago" Elijah said causing Anna smirk to drop. How did he know? Is Stefan hurt? Did Elijah hurt him?" Did you not believe I would keep tabs on you, niece" 

"I just.....I did not think you were aware of my residency. " Anna stuttered, worried she had angered her uncle. 

"Relax Ilianna, I'm not here to chastise you for disobeying me, I'm here to celebrate your birthday. Is it not 880 years since you were born?" Elijah smiled. 

"Well yes....so what birthday celebrations did you have in mind uncle Elijah" Anna smiled giggling in a childish manner, she had no celebrated a birthday in decades, not since her and her best friend Valentina had been forced to separate in London in 1836 fleeing from Mikael who had come a mear mile from them, that year.

"Follow me" Elijah smiled, almost letting out a laugh at Annas happy and smiling face as she skipped along following her uncle along the streets of Paris. 

.......

Anna, after basically being ordered by her father to do so, sat with her aunt lingering around the bedroom of her ex-finance and now best friend, Stefan Salvatore. 

"God Stefan is such an old sole, he's kind of boring. Why did you get with him again" Rebekah chimed nonchalantly as she flicked through the young Salvatore's old diaries. 

"You may have forgotten sweet aunt but you were quite head over heels with Stefan not so long ago" Anna said rolling her eyes.

"We had good crazy sex, that was it. It's not like I got engaged or something" Rebekah said acting unbothered but internally sniggering.