- What did you do? -

"Nobody else seems to think Silas exists, so why do you" Elena asks Kol acting all civilly as she watches Kol sip his drink she had made him to stall the original.
"I used to run with some witches. Africa in the fourteenth century, Haiti in the seventeenth century, New Orleans in the nineteen hundreds. They all knew about Silas; that he needed to stay buried. I actually hold witches in high esteem"
"Yeah, but why Silas? Why are you so afraid of him?"Elena questions curious as to why this myth, something that doesn't seem to exist has got Kol and his daughter so scared. 

"They said if Silas rises, he'll unleash hell on Earth. I happen to like Earth just the way it is. My daughter has my logic and realises what we are risking for a simple cure." Elena looks confused at the vampires biblical prophecy causing Kol to reiterate his irritation with todays society. " that's the other problem with people today – they've lost faith. And in that loss, they no longer know who they should fear"
After a while of small talk and Kol snooping around the Gilbert household, Elena noticed his posture change as if he was getting ready to leave, in all fairness he came looking for Jeremy Gilbert and because the youngest gilbert was to busy locating the Bennet witch that would put their plan in to action he had wasted his time. 
"I'll take your request for a truce under advisement." Kol answered as he opened the door ready to leave. 
" Is there any chance that you could be wrong about Silas?"
"Trust me, Elena. Some things are better left buried."
..........

As soon as Matt had uttered the words, the words that told Anna it was a matter of minutes before the prophecy was fulfilled she vamp sped off. Despite being a vampire her legs could only run so fast, especially with the tears streaming down her face and her breathing heavily. She felt human, vulnerable it was almost as if vamp speeding was futile. She felt the wind brush past her making here shudder, she wanted to stop but she new if she did, her father would be dead before the day ended.

Mystic Falls 1950s

Stefan Salvatore had  just returned home to Mystic Falls after getting a call from his 'uncle' (but really  his nephew) but as he returned he wasn't welcome in the same way he expected. He walked into the Salvatore Boarding house to be faced with his dead uncle's body drained of blood. The only person Stefan knew would do this was his brother. 

"Come on Stef, it's your birthday and I know its been sucky but you haven't opened my gift yet" Anna cheered from the kitchen, it had been a week since Stefan returned to Mystic Falls and although he wasn't overly close with his uncle the fact Damon had finally stepped over the line, hurting their own blood made stefan's blood boil. 

"I'm not in the mood for presents Annie" 

"Hey, hey,hey. You are a 100 years old today not many people can say that so we are going to celebrate, you are going to put a smile on your face and appreciate that your best friend has come all the way from New Orleans after a awful break up with your brother to be their for her best friend. Now close your eyes and follow me Stefano" 

"You never did tell me why you and Damon broke up" 

"Hush Hush" Anna said shutting Stefan up as she led him outside, she had her hands over his eyes struggling to reach them. When they got outside the original smiled widely to no one in particular and slowly removed her hands from Stefan's eyes. Stefan in turn slowly opened them and his eyes widened. He was looking at a bright traffic light red car, one that was in style during this decade. 

"Happy Birthday Steffie" Anna chimed smiling widely as she turned to face the Salvatore. Stefan was lost for words his mouth open wide and eyebrows raised before he laughed, picked Anna up spinning her around in circles. 

"What...Why...you didn't have to"

"Well your a century old today so I thought go big or go home, plus a long few years of compulsion, fake identities etc means my bank account is pretty healthy."