chapter six = horse riding lesson

Y/n's POV

I slid on my denim jacket and headed out to the courtyard where Miles stood stock still with a white horse and black horse either side of him whilst Flora sat on the green, wavy grass behind him watching as the lesson began.

"So...you ready??" Miles asked me.
"Yeah...I'm ready"
"Great. This is Delilah. She was my mother's horse. She was more white when she was around but then...when she went away...Delilah refused to be washed or combed because she'd only let her do it!"
"Well....what happened to your mother?"
".......she died 5 months ago!"
A single tear escapes from Miles' eye and rolls down his cold, pale cheek.

"Oh Miles...I'm so sorry!"
"It's okay!....she never really noticed me.......anyways! Let's get started, shall we??"
Miles wiped his tear away with a swift flick of his finger and the lesson began...

"Hold the reins tighter!..." Miles demanded whipping the horse harder and harder. Flora just watched blankly and showed no emotion.
"Feet to the sides! You should know that! I shouldn't have to tell you!"
"Miles!" I yell demanding him to stop. The horse slows down and suddenly stops. Miles looks up to me on the horse to see my face a combination of anger and shock. "You did good today!"
"Thanks Miles but you didn't have to keep whipping her!"
"It's a very powerful animal, y/n!......if you don't show discipline.....you won't gain control.....and you gotta show the horse who's the boss here!"
I got off Delilah's back, walked up to Miles and pushed his shoulder "Who's the boss now, huh?"
Miles laughs and then pushes me harder causing me to trip over a rock and fall backwards. Pulling Miles with me, I land first and he lands on top of me looking me dead in the eyes. Miles quickly pushes off me, stands up and straightens his clothes before holding out his hand to help me up.
-time skip-
Inside the house

Miles's POV

Y/n's kind of pretty. I don't want to tell her but I feel like she doesn't know how beautiful she is. And she's really good at riding horses but....she seemed...scared earlier when she answered the phone so I decided to give her a note, hoping she'll reply soon....but who knows whether she will.

Y/n's POV

"Kate could I posably invite Fraser down to stay for a night or two??"
I ask Kate who's planted in the sofa sipping a cup of tea. "Oh uhhh.....sure! Ask Fraser what time would be best!"
Miles frowns and asks me
"Who's Fraser?"
"Oh he's a friend of mine! He's really nice I think you'll like him!"
"Oh I'm sure I will!.....y/n? Could I possibly show you something??"
"Oh umm....yeah sure!"
"Okay...follow me!"
I stride out of the house with Miles and he leads me into the woods surrounding his house.
"Are you leading me here to murder me? Or...-?"
"NO!.....you'll see!..."

Okay! Now this next chapter is gonna be good! <333
-Georgia 💗