What About Finals?

Jack POV

I scrutinize the pencil in my hand at my desk. The rain was pouring down hard outside my bedroom window. The sound was very relaxing, unlike the amount of homework I had been given today. Finals were right around the corner, and I needed to pass to get to the next grade.

I was pulled out of my trance as my phone beside me buzzed.

Do you have time to stop by the park? We have to talk about the project...and some other things... -Elsa

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. What did she mean by "Other things"? I grabbed my phone and shoes and ran out to the car.

The rain stopped as I got to the park. I saw her small frame as I got out of my car. She turned around, her expression was grim. I quickened my pace towards her. I should have known something was wrong.

She must have been here for a while, because her clothes were drenched. I stopped, just centimeters away from her.

"Are you okay?" I whispered. Elsa didn't answer as she quickly wrapped her arms around me, nestling her face in the crook of my neck. She was getting my clothes wet, but I didn't care. She needed me right now. I snaked my arms around her waist, pulling her close.

I don't know exactly how I feel about Elsa, but I knew that this moment made me feel...weird.

"Jack." She said, not moving.

"Yes?" I replied softly.

"Hiccup and I talked about what happened at the winter formal...it didn't go very well..." She said as she stepped away from me, hugging her body. My eyes widened in surprise. She was pretty upset about it when it happened.

"...And everyone at school today kept probing me on the details...I just ran to the mall to buy the shirt I liked and that's where Hiccup was. I didn't know what to do so I ran to the park and it started raining and now you're here and I'm really glad." She stopped and took a deep breath. She then smiled a weak smile at me.

I reached out and slowly ran my hand through her soft thick hair. I used my other hand to pull her close once more.

"I am so sorry, Elsa, I wish I could've been there to help you. I never wanted this to happen." I whispered. I pushed away and grabbed her hand. I walked back to my car, motioning her to get in.

"Where are we going?" She asked. I stuck the key in to the hole and started the car.

" We are going for a drive." I answered.

"What about our project?" She asked.

"We'll talk about it later."