Projects and Proms

Jack POV

I run to catch up with Rap. She hasn't been with Flynn a lot. I wonder if they are still together. I tap on her shoulder.

"Hey Rap." I say to her with a smile.

"Oh hey Jack!" She answers as she gives me a side hug.

We walk to lunch when I hear people talking in the janitor's closet.

"You go. I'll catch up." I say to Rap, waving her away.

"Um...okay?" She said awkwardly.

I wait until she turns around the corner to go back to the janitor's closet.I hear giggling and laughter. The voices sound very familiar, but I can't remember who...I turn the knob slowly as I peer into the room. Apparently they didn't hear me, because they were too busy...kissing?!

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt-" I stopped mid sentence as the two turned around.

My jaw dropped when I saw a bright red Elsa, and a confused Hiccup.

"What are you guys doing?!" I shout.

"Um...we...uh...I" Elsa was looking for the right words.

"Why do you care?" Hiccup said defensively.

"I can hear you all the way down the hall!" I shoot back.

Hiccup instantly turns red and scratches his neck in embarrassment.

"Well, Elsa and I are going to the winter formal together." Hiccup says as he looks at Elsa with a sort of boyish lust in his eyes.

I felt like I was going to throw up. I swerved around and ran out of the room, ignoring Elsa calling my name.

***

It was very awkward as Elsa and I discussed our stupid project at the lunch table. Hiccup was chatting with Merida, but I always saw him glance at Elsa.

"Aww, you guys are finally a couple!" Merida says a little too loud.

"Merida! Could you keep your voice down a little?" Hiccup says timidly.

Elsa blushes again in embarrassment, while ogling at Hiccup. I tap her a little too hard to get her attention.

"What?!" She asks, annoyed.

"Can we focus on the project, please?" I said with an equal amount of annoyance in my tone.

She sighs as she turns to face me.

"Okay, we need to come up with ideas." I said tapping my pencil.

"Yea, we have to make it creative. Something from Europe." She answers excitedly.

I smile at her. She has much enthusiasm for a project. I quickly hide it. I don't want anyone thinking I like her. I guess I don't do it quick enough, because I heard Hiccup grunt as he turns to talk to Merida. I look around at out table. Rap wasn't here. I look back to see Elsa writing down her idea, so I look around for Rap.

I finally found her, she was sitting uncomfortably at the Jock table. Flynn had his arm around her as he laughed away with the jocks. I balled my hands up into fists. I wanted to help her, after all, she is my friend. I never liked Flynn anyway. I darted my eyes back at Elsa who was looking at me.

"You like her, don't you?" She asked grinning.

"No way!!! I don't like anyone. Besides, we already went out before!" I clasped my hand over my mouth. I didn't mean to say that.

Her face softened.

"Oh, I am sorry for asking." She said glumly.

"Okay, my idea is that we make a play loosely based of  'The Snow Queen'" She said, changing the subject.

"Yea, where do you want to write the script and stuff?" I ask.

"Um, let's do it at my house." She replies.

She then gets out a paper and pen. She scribbles down some numbers, then handed it to me.

"Here is my number, just text me what time you are available." She said. She looked down at her feet.

Elsa is the last person I thought I would get a phone number from.

"Um, thanks." I say awkwardly.

"You're welcome." She said as she turned to face Hiccup.

I quickly grab the paper from the table and leave the lunch room. I need to stop feeling so weird!

Author's Note:

Okay, you guys probably have some questions...

I hadn't update until recently...

I just was waiting for the right moment, and now was the time!!!!

So, here is a reward for being kewl ^.^

I am gonna update my other book soon, so don't worry!!!!

Toodles!!!!