Chapter 2: A Chestnut and an Apple cart.

The Summer Sun Celebration.
According to Angel it's a ceremony where the Pony Sun princess lifts up the sun with her magic powers.

Sound like a bit too much power in one persons hand.
What will you do If your nation is at war with her? She can just make sure the sun wouldn't shine in your country, ruining your countries agriculture. killing countless innocents in the process.

But that wouldn't happen because these ponies are all about friendship and happiness and rainbows and all that childrens morning cartoon stuff.
The Care bears will just hold their hands together and solve the problem or something.

I'm going on a tangent again, sorry.

Yeah so, The Summer Sun celebration is a glorified power play the the ruling class of Equestria, telling everyone that they hold their entire future in their hooves. But they basically disguise it as a celebration of sunshine and summer.

Now, I personally don't really care about the whole moving the sun shtick that they are showing off over there, However, A festival usually has food stands.
And I need Food.

Some of the critters in the forest near where I decided to make my sleeping hole have been generous enough to give me nuts and berries, There's also a fairly common edible root growing around that I take when I see one.

But I don't really know what is edible here and what isn't. I don't recognize more than half the berries that they gave me, And for the nuts I could recognize acorns and pinecones.

Now, I know how to start a fire, I know how to cook food, I know where to get water And if anybody starts asking about a cooking pot that went missing, I want you to know that I didn't steal it.
I borrowed it permanently.

And on the talk of stealing and borrowing, I am going to do something similar at the celebration.
You see, Its basic knowledge that Product is exchanged for goods and/or services.
I don't have any goods or services to exchange for the product that I need, Know commonly as food.

What I'm trying to get at, Is that I'm going to steal food. What better time to steal food then at a festival? The streets will be packed with people to blend in with, Nobody will notice a sandwich or two or twenty go missing?

And who really needs that food more?
The Rich elite living in their civilized houses, using stoves and showers to take care of their needs, Throwing coins around because they can afford to spend it on the petty things in life.
Or The poor little forest critter, Trying his best to survive in the cruel wilderness of the outside world.

The answer is Simple, That forest creature, IE Me, Needs that food more than they do.

Walking down the small road leading from Fluttershy's cabin to the village of Pony. Ponyville is such a dumb name.
What's next? Horseland? Hooftown? These names are so stupid.

Ahem, Walking down the small road leading to Ponyville, I hear birds singing.
I can recognize some of them as well.
The one doing the falsetto can be considered one of my new neighbors, Swell guy.
I wonder how his wife is doing?

Back to what I was talking about, After a few minutes of walking with my tiny feet I reach the town proper.
A colorful place that still uses thatch roofing.

Just use flat concrete roofs like normal people.

Walking down the road, I get a few looks from passerby's, But I ignore them.
It's not like they matter, What are they going to do? Call pest control? I'd like to see them try.

Searching for a food stand is priority numero uno.
I look left, I look right. I even look up and down.

No food to be found, What kind of celebration is this? Where's the food? Where's the free samples? Where are all the places I can hide in to not get caught while I send out a vine to grab something from afar?