Chapter 3: A Chestnut at the Summer Sun Celebration.

Waking up to the sound of a bird screaming at me isn't the most comfortable way to wake up, But it does pump you full of energy fast.
I know that because It just happened to me.

I asked one of the birds that lived nearby to act as a nice alarm clock for me. So I won't miss the Sun princess lifting the massive ball of flaming gas.
I guess that what I didn't expect was that the bird might have problems waking me up.

"What do you mean you've been pecking at me for ten minutes now?"
"I mean what I said! You wouldn't wake up when I called out to you when you told me. I thought something happened!" A Small Red bird yelled at me.
What was his name again? I don't remember.

"I'm up now, Everything is fine. Don't get your feathers in a twist." So I overslept by ten minutes, It isn't that big of a deal, The ceremony itself starts in almost two hours from now, I'll have plenty of time to walk around the lake and into Ponyville in that time.

The Lake isn't even that big, It'll only take 20 minutes or so to walk halfway around it, An hour to make a full lap.
At least with my small feet it will.
Having Clarisse and Hank live in the lake is really great for me, Especially that they give me a ride across the lake, shortening the time it takes to reach my burrow.

And even if I need to walk around the lake, I won't really get extremely tired.
That's the bonus of being a powerful fictional monster that can withstand a direct hit by a struck and be unfazed.

I won't wake up Clarisse or Hank to take me across since they're probably sleeping. So I'll take the long way around.

"By the way, Why did you need me to wake you up so late?" The Bird asks me as it follows me out of my Home, A few crumbs of apple pastries around it's beak hinting to what it was doing when I didn't wake up.

"I'm going to that Summer Sun Celebration the Ponies are having."
"But why? What's so interesting about a pony celebration? They're always so loud and annoying." The bird asks again, Confused as to why I would want to go to the Sun Celebration.

"There are two reasons," I wait for the bird to nod before I explain "Reason one is I want to see the Sun Princess lift up the sun. How will something like that look? I can't lift up the sun, Is it different from a normal sunrise? Why is it so late at night? Why is-" "Mr Chespin." "-It taking place indoors? You-" Mr Chespin!" "-Wouldn't be able to see the sun rise if you're inside a bui-" "MR CHESPIN!!!" I pause to look at the bird that shouted at me.

After a few seconds of eye contact "Was I?" "Yes, You were rambling." Damn, I thought I could keep it down at least for this evening.
"What was the second reason?" The bird asks me after a few more minutes of walking silently around the lake, More Like I was walking, He was hopping forward.

"The second reason to go to the celebration? Well it's the food of course." I explain.
I might have managed to nab some food from the cart earlier today, But now, During the celebration, Everyone will be so busy looking at their princess performing an Astrological feat, They won't even notice that a few more muffins and apples went missing.
It's a genius plan, nobody will see it coming.

Walking around the rest of the lake in silence, We take a short stop because the bird needed to relax his legs for a bit. He does know that he can fly home right? He doesn't need to accompany me, or walk on the ground if he does.

As The small red bird that I still haven't got the name of was cooling his legs in the shallow waters of the lake coast, I take a seat on the sandy shore.

I spot some Fireflies flying above some reeds further ahead, I spot a frog hiding in a patch of grass, Some tadpoles are swimming around.
The Beautiful reflection of the moon on the surface of the lake, The Sky is clear and without clouds, The starts are shining both in the sky and in the lakes surface.