Chapter 13: A Chestnut at a meeting.

It's been a week since I've met Razer and William, Since then I've started visiting the library more to make my stay here a bit nicer.

According to Twilight, The Mirror that can take me back home is at The princesses Castle in Canterlot, She'll receive a letter when the Portal will open. I just can't wait!

Oh, And did you know? William fought in World War 1!? How cool is that?
And Antonio? He isn't as exciting, But he is Engaged, So he can get married when he gets to return to his home!
Hopefully we all return to our respective times, I don't really want to go fight in World War 2 When I find myself switching times with William.

But now that I know there's a way to get home, This place doesn't seem as bad anymore.

It's like an uncomfortable vacation, Sure, It's not fun, But it's a vacation, at the very least.

And as I am thinking all of this, I hear footsteps running towards my den, Taking a peek outside I see Spike, The baby dragon and Twilight Sparkle, The town Librarian, Running in my direction. Floating next to Twilight's horn, Is a letter.

I guess the time has come, If I'm getting a letter, Then it must mean the Portal is ready.

Goodbye colorful cartoon world, I Will Not miss you.

"Samuel, Thank goodness we found you." Twilight huffs as she stops running.

"Yeah, We got a letter addressed to you and we didn't want to open it." Spike added, wiping drops of sweat off his brow.

Wow, those two are out of shape. They should really work on their Stamina if a short kilometer run from Ponyville to here got them this tired.

Taking the floating letter, I eagerly open it, Excited at the prospect of finally going home, only to frown as I begin reading.

"Dear Mr Cohen,
We are writing you this letter in order to request your presence at the Royal Castle of Canterlot,
More will be explained when you arrive,
We Hope to see you soon,
Raven Inkwell"

Who the hell is that? And this also tell me nothing?
When am I supposed to arrive?

Is this another part of cartoon logic? Like when someone says "So, Want to meet up?" And the party they're talking to immediately knows when and where to meet up?
Is that it?

I give the letter back to Twilight for her to read, And she immediately gives it to Spike without even looking.
He then proceeds to read out loud the whole thing.

That's kind of rude on her part, She could have read it and saved Spike the effort.
Dick Move Twilight. Dick move.

"You're presence has been requested?!" Twilight yells after she takes in what Spike read.

"Chespin Ches" She looks at the Human before looking to Spike for translation.

Taking a moment to understand why her eyes on him, Spike translates "He says That he's not going without knowing what it's about"

Looking at the Chespin as he walks back into his burrow, Twilight looks back to Spike, "You got all that from just those two sounds?" Spike looks at her confused, "Sounded like a full sentence to me" He tells.

Turning back to the human turned Pokemon, "Sam, you can't just ignore a request from the crown, You need to go, We can take you to the castle." Twilight tried to get the Chespin to see reason.

"Ches" she heard from the small cave dug under the tree that Samuel made into his home.

"He says he doesn't owe them anything, Not until he uses the Mirror to go home" Spike translated a full sentence out of a single syllable.