Chapter 9: A Chestnut takes a day to relax.

It's been almost a week since I last spoke with Antonio, I'll be heading over there tomorrow to speak with him more.

And know that I know that there's a way back home, I just need to wait for Twilight Sparkle to do her part and I'll walk straight through the magic mirror, I'll be home in no time.

And as the sky is blue and the air is warm, I have decided to take a day off of working out and helping the other forest animals.

I think I know the names of half of my neighbors from the little forest across the lake, Still have some names and faces to meet near Fluttershy's cabin.
And as a perfect way to relax today, I would go to the Library and read a book.

I should read a book about wilderness survival or primitive technology, Make my den a bit more lively, But I really want to check out the fiction section of this world. How will it differ from earth when Magic is real here?

I also really want to drink a cup of coffee. My storage of totally not stolen apple flavored food has run out and I'm back to eating wild berries and making some of the worlds worst mushroom soup.

I don't even have many ingredients to make it with, I have a pot, Water from the lake, I need to boil it so I try and start a fire, It takes a while, Wait for the water to boil before I put in Mushroom, nuts and some spices that I got from the Porcupine Lady, They look and smells like a mixture of Rosemary and Oregano, So it's fine.

Where was I? Oh yes, Actual real food. Hopefully I'll be able to borrow the kitchen in the library, Make myself something more edible. Although I might need to ask Spike for help with that, Don't know how hard It'll be to cook when My arms can barely go over my head.

And so with thoughts of actually eating something that doesn't taste like the forest floor, I leave towards the Ponyville Library.

Taking the scenic route, I arrive at the library around noon, Looking around to see if anybody is watching me, I knock on the door a few times before inviting myself in.

I wasn't invited, And I'm pretty sure that nobody is home, but If they didn't want me to come in and use their fridge, They should have locked the door.

Entering the library, I notice the place is as messy as last I was here. Books were once more strewn over the floor, open on the tables with nobody cleaning up after themselves.
Shouldn't libraries have those tables you place the book on when you finished reading, so The librarian can know that it should be placed back on the shelf?

Maybe I'm wrong, I didn't really go to libraries outside of school or my part-time job as an assistant librarian.

Carefully walking over the books I head towards the kitchen, Seeing once more that nobody is here, I gently open the fridge to check what's inside and...

"...Yes..." I can't help but say to myself when I see the vegetables in the drawer at the bottom, Lettuce, Cucumbers, Tomatos. And with the Butter a few shelves above combined with the bread on the counter outside the fridge.

I can make myself a Sandwich.

Grabbing the vegetables and butter and placing them on the counter, I move to grab a small stepladder, Probably used by Spike in order to reach what's on top of the counter when he's making his food.

Grabbing a plate from one of the Cabinets and a knife to cut the cucumbers and tomatoes, I get to work.

Placing four slices of bread on the plate, I spread butter on one side of each slice.
Grabbing a nearby cutting board, I place it in front of me as I move the bread aside for later.
Washing the vegetables in the sink before placing them Aside, I grab the now washed cucumber and start cutting it into small circles, And place them on two of the four slices.