Chapter 24: Politics about Family.

Jennino Lanternlight was stressed, In the past four hours she had to dine with foreign dignitaries who were invited to Caninia by her older sister, only to then be kicked out of Caninia by her older sister, only for her to invite them instead to help her deal with a very troublesome situation she got her paws in.

Her younger Sister, Moonbeam Twinkletail, was kidnapped by members of the D3U, and in little more than 24 hours she will be executed if Katherina doesn't hand over the country to them.

And if Katherina refusing to even consider working with her to fix the situation, one of the Equestrian diplomats was also kidnapped, presumably by the D3U as well.

Jennino has no real options with Katherina refusing to cooperate. So she did what she thought could save her sister.

She enacted martial law and gave control of the situation to a diplomat with a plan.
This entire debacle might, no, it surely will come back to bite her in the future.

But as long as it gets her sister back, she will even declare war against the world itself.

Because that's what Family means to her.

I woke up by being thrown on to the cold hard ground.

"There, that's one problem dealt with" A voice said behind me before the sounds of a heavy metal door closing could be heard.

I decided to lie on the ground for a few more seconds, thinking about what the hell was going on.

"Okay, so I was kidnapped, Wonderful. What do cartoon character do to escape from a jail cell? Usually there's some obvious escape route in cartoons, grab the keys off a passing guard? Slip between the comically wide bars? Seduce the guards in order to switch places, with them being behind the bars and me being freed?" Why did I think of this? I'm so tired my mind can't even work properly right now.

It's been non-stop trouble since I landed in this country, Can at least one week pass before something bad happens next time?

Deciding that talking to myself might not be healthy, I open my eyes to take a look at my surroundings.

It's a cave, what is it with me being unconscious and caves?
But it's also not just any cave, no no no, that would be easy wouldn't it? No, This cave has a thick metal door covering the only exit, making this into some sort of vault.

The next thing I notice are the purple Dog slumped on the wall of the cave, the weird green turtle with a green rock as a shell, and the strong smell of oranges.

None of those seem helpful in a prison-break.

"Hello mister, do you want to be my friend?" I hear a young child ask me, I turn to look at the Green Turtle creature that waddled up to me.

"Mom said that strangers are just friend you haven't met yet, so now that I'm meeting you, you aren't a stranger anymore, your a friend now!" The rock turtle says as he pushes me with his head, poking me slightly from the crystal growing out of his head.

"Listen kid, I'm a bit busy right now, do you know a way out of here? I have somewhere important to be" I ask the turtle, Since he sounds like a child, If he knows a way out of here then I can regroup with Blueblood and Cadance and get out of here.

The turtle creature looks at me as if I just asked it the hardest question on the math exam.
Seeing that the turtle is busy thinking of an answer, might be because of turtles being slow and cartoon logic makes it so they're now also slow in the head, I think.