Chapter 31: A Chestnut and a Princess fight the President

When Lycanroc chased Samuel into the forest, Cadence was worried she lost them.
A friend of hers is being hunted by the leader of the group which kidnapped princess Moonbeam, He was in danger and she couldn't do anything.

Cadence never really fought anybody outside of some sparing matches against her fiance, but she knew the basics of both Unicorn and Pegasus combat, so she could hold her own until actual guards arrive to reinforce her in the case of an attack.

But right now, she doesn't have her guards with her, all of them remaining on the ship they arrived in, leaving Cadence as the only pony available to stop Lycanroc and save Chespin.

But with the two of them under the canopy of the forest, she doesn't know where to go.

Until she saw a bright light shoot upwards like a beacon of hopes and dreams, a star shooting upwards leaving behind a trail to follow.

A trail leading right to President Jeremiah "Lycanroc" Anderson himself.

----------------------------------------

Wiping the blood off his pristine white coat with a tattered cape he picked up, Prince Blueblood turns to look at the beacon of light shooting upwards from the nearby woods. "Is that where Moonbeam is?" Princess Ambrosia Muffinsbuns asked him as she too cleaned a splattering of blood and grime off her yellow fur.

Looking closely at the beacon, Blueblood can only barely see his cousin flying towards it as nothing more than a purple and pink speck in the distance.
"I do believe so, let us hurry over then," Blueblood turned to look at the Diamond Dog Princess,
"Shall we?"

----------------------------------------

Climbing out of the tunnel that was dug for her, Princess Moonbeam and her new friend, The Carbunkappa kid, looked towards the most visible landmark.

"What is that?" Moonbeam Twinkletail whispered to herself as she looked towards the beam of light shooting towards the sky a mere two hundred meters away from her. "Gah," The crystal-covered turtle voiced out in his turtle language, whatever that word meant.

"Whatever it is, The Great Princess Twinkletail shall take a look!" And with a bravado she didn't have, she picked up the Carbunkappa and walked toward the trail of starlight.

----------------------------------------

"Thanks for coming so fast, let's take him down," I say to Cadance, who even without understanding what I'm saying, nods her head.

As I continue to ricochet between the trees to add momentum to Rollout, Cadance's horn glows the same blue light as the barrier surrounding the clearing before boxes and pillars of hard light or whatever type of magic-made construct they count as appeared in the clearing.

"You!" Lycanroc screamed as he jumped back onto his feet "Why are you interfering?! You Equestrians are ruining everything!" He yelled as he leaned forward and ran towards Cadence, seemingly ignoring the constructs appearing around him.

And as he entered between several of the shapes, I took my opportunity.
Using the momentum I built with Rollout by ricocheting off the trees, I shot towards one of the nearby shapes Cadence created.

At the speed I was going, I was close to a redlining race car. I was fast.

And as my Rollout hit the magical construct, It shattered into shards and shot towards Lycanroc, who was forced to stop running towards Cadence and lift his arm to block the shards. I rocketed back into the tree line before ricocheting into another shape, shattering it, and rolling back to the tree line.