Chapter 27: Freedom Over Peace 1

Moonbeam Twinkletail awoke to a rough tap on her side. Opening her eyes she spotted the green turtle creature that was in the cave-room with her, "What are you doing Mr Turtle?" She looked around for a bit, "And where's Mr Mouse?"

The Turtle started walking towards one of the walls before looking behind it and signalling for her to follow with a wave of his head.

"Picking herself up from the rough surface of the cave floor, her nostrils quickly assaulted by the smell of oranges once more, she followed after the Carbunkappa as it lead her to a hole in the wall of the cave that Moonbeam is sure wasn't there previously.

"Is this what you wanted to show me?" She asked the turtle, It nodded and nudged her with its head to enter the hole.

"calm down, calm down, I'm going, what's so special about this hole that you-" And then she saw it.

The Light at the end of the tunnel.
In the most literal sense.

Before she knew it, she was crawling on all four of her paws towards the outside world.

And as she popped her head out of the ground on the surface, she was greeted by a horrible sight.

One Hour Earlier

I was rolling as fats as I could towards the new castle, I was sweaty, tired and hungry but I had to pass off the location of the tunnel I dug to Jenn before the D3U notice it's there.

Seeing the castle in the distance, I start rolling faster. The Green Spiked Ball that is my body catching speed before ramming into the castle doors and down the hallway, leaving a trail of dirt behind me.

I roll by some startled servants before slamming through another door, accidentally toppling a flower pot over but I keep rolling until I reach a final set of doors.

The two guards outside of the doors ready their spears at me but I pick up speed.

"Floofy, I don't think I'm trained for this" One of the guard dogs whispers to the other.

"Donald, Just protect the Que-" *CRASH*

Finally stopping my roll on the foot of the staircase leading to the throne upon which sits Princess Jennino Lanterlight.

"What is thi- Samuel?! Guards! Call for the ponies immediately, tell them that Sir Samuel has returned." She calls out to the pair of guards outside the now broken doors.

They look at each other before quickly running off.

I quickly take out a pen and paper from my Cartoon physics Pocket and write down what happened to me in since I was kidnapped.

"Moonbeam is safe then, Thank goodness." Jennino leans back on the throne before speaking again, "Sam, Could you please show me on a map where the tunnel exit is? I also want to apologize for how horrible your mission has been so far."

She soon gets a servant to roll a board with a map of Dimondia and its surrounding into the throne-room.

I head closer to the map to try and pin-point where the tunnel was dug when Blueblood, Cadance and Ambrosia enter the room.

"Mr Cohen, It's wonderful to see that you a-" Blueblood tried to say only to be interrupted by Cadance flying past him and into me, picking me up in a tight hug.

"I'm Sorry i'msorryi'msorryi'msorry I Am So SO SORRY!" She cries as she hugs me tight to her chest.

I understand that Ponies are more emotional than me, and with this world running off of cartoon logic that mean that two strangers that just met could become life-long best friend after an hour, but I really wouldn't consider Cadance a friend, at least not one that I would run to hug and cry into.