Chapter 9

I should have seen it coming, last night after coming from the studio, Taehyung had asked about Jimin, and I told him

I should have seen it coming, last night after coming from the studio, Taehyung had asked about Jimin, and I told him. About how Jimin and I used to be friends but we distanced and we are no longer friends. Taehyung, well as the kind person, he is, said 'Give him a chance if he asks for it. He doesn't seem like a terrible person. Yoongi Hyung knows him and we both know, he is the most insightful person in these matters '. His sleepy eyes were on the verge of closing but he continued. His voice was laced with sleepiness tone deeper than usual.

A part of me wanted the drowsiness from his eyes to disappear, to tell him how he shouldn't trust people blindly, how he should have never trusted Yeojin. This world doesn't deserve his tenderness. But I remained silent as he told me to trust others. I don't want to.

Now, sitting in the cafe waiting for Park Jimin, I regret confiding in him. The said male had texted to meet and urgency of the situation but now he is nowhere to be seen. I have no idea how he even got my number.

The cafe as requested is situated away from the campus area, which is usually jammed with chirpy students ranting about their assignments and presentations. "Sorry, about the wait. Gotta deal with some stuff". I huff as if I had nothing better to do than to meet him in the morning when I could be doing better things.

He has clad in a dark blue striped shirt and slim-fit dark pants a casual outfit with a slight smile, he appears to be nervous, but nervousness and Park Jimin do not fit together. His flashy red hair is covered with a black baseball cap.

" What's the emergency?" I asked impatiently as he sits beside me, glancing around to order the waiter. He orders Iced Americano and turns to me.

"Can't I contact without an emergency"? So, I had to get up, couldn't have proper breakfast with Taehyung cause he texted and now he's gonna play tricks. Seeing me, ready to leave he gets up hastily taking my elbow, his furrowed brows don't intimate me." Calm down, Jeon. I was just kidding".

"I am not here for your jokes". I reply to which he nods the smiles are now replaced with a serious expression.

" I wanted to concede to you about the fight three years ago. Kook... I mean Jungeuk I never meant to hurt you. I was just upset and angry and miserable. I tossed all of my frustration on you. I am sorry. I should have never said those things to you. But I never meant that, none of that". Contemplating his words and observing his dejected tone, I ask.

"Why, why would you say things you don't mean". I mouth my thoughts without putting much reasoning. I have spent days thinking about what would I have done to make him despise me that much.

" Truthfully, I was envious of you". He looks at me probably gauging my response but I couldn't utter a word. Envious of me, I had nothing. What could make him jealous of me? A dry laugh escapes my throat uneventfully. His eyes widen at the obnoxious reaction.

"You had everything, an affectionate father and an ideal mother. You all were the epitome of the ideal joyous family. And I, Jungeuk my parents were having a divorce you have no idea how difficult it was for me. It was a mess and then you showed me the presents your father bought you. The family portrait in your hallways sneering at me, I wanted to thrash them. I didn't have anything. Mom took Aera with her. Dad was drowning in alcohol and I was alone. I couldn't tell you. You were so happy and..."