Chapter 15

Taehyung was sleeping by the time I came at night, the phone clutched to his side as his figure occupied the couch in the living room.

My heart nearly halts at the prospect of him waiting for me, and the traces of alcohol linger as I step beside his sleeping figure, he looks like an angel, a beautiful angel who mistakenly came to Earth. Has he always been so beautiful, or have I been blind for so long?

Embedded in pillows, his face nearly mashed under one, removing the extra pillow I couldn't help myself from gazing at his moles, the slope of his nose, the reddish hue of his lips, the softness of his cheeks.

I do not wake him up to move to his room.

There's a note on my bedside table, ' you sleep like a stone', the words written meticulously, legible enough to be understood, 'checked your schedule, free till 12, but I've got a project to work on with others

There's a note on my bedside table, ' you sleep like a stone', the words written meticulously, legible enough to be understood, 'checked your schedule, free till 12, but I've got a project to work on with others. See you '. The sentence ends with a cute smiley face.

I had somehow managed to take a bath before sleep, but the hangover wasn't as bad as I thought, or maybe I was developing tolerance. Starting signs of addiction, something Ana would have said in her strict motherly tone.

Spending fifteen minutes staring at the refrigerator door, I take a bottle of water and nearly inhale it. Having my first class at 12 today was a blessing because there's no way on earth I could pass Ms. Soohae's International Relations lecture without passing out.

"Environmental sustainability", the words mock me, placed on the digital screen and yes I have forgotten about my assignment due 02 pm. Taehyung had laughed at me during my course selection, "What, isn't that something politicians study", he had been shoved away, Oh God how much I wish I had paid heed to his joke.

Now I have to spend quite a lot of time, juggling through articles threading stories about political and global magnitude of persuasion techniques, focusing on big ass corporations and their so-called attempts to reduce carbon emissions.

By the time I reached the University premises, the assignment had been put to an end, but I couldn't help, but feel slightly anxious regarding last night. I busy myself with other students, to ease the looping thoughts.

The lecture went fine, from what I could say. With half of the students dozing off and others scribbling notes or articrafts on their sheets. I lost interest fifteen minutes later, the same topic we have gone through enough times, "Cultural differences and communication barrier".

After daydreaming about the time I could go back and sleep, my attention turns back to the screen where a few students are delivering some message. "....And the group has arrived, games will start in a few days, Everyone is allowed to participate, but of course, there will be specific selection criteria, the official notification will be shared soon". One of the chubby guys states with a bow.

As they leave, the Professor is quick to silence the chattering. "As you all have been informed. Japanese students from Kyoto, UOT, Tokyo Institute of Technology, and other prestigious universities will visit Our University, to participate, and visit the administration block. And one more thing, you all must be on your best behavior".