Dos

"Please don't kill me"

"I have two daughters man, please don't kill me!" The rich man pleaded

Von walked backwards, still pointing the gun at the average size asian man, stuffing the jewelry in his backpack.

"Shut the fuck up!" He spat. "I know there's more! Where the fuck is it?"

"That's all I have here. Those are custom pieces. I keep the rest at my store, I swear!" The man slowly started to walk toward Von.

"Stop fucking moving! The fuck wrong wit' you?" Von pressed the gun against the frantic man's head.

"Man, please. I didn't see you, I won't file a report. Please just don't kill me. Take what you have, it's worth a lot." Von mentally cursed knowing that this home invasion resulted in 3 Diamond necklaces.

He didn't want to do this, but this is the best he could do to come up with money on such short notice. Being a felon isn't exactly exciting to see on a job application.

"Shut the fuck up." Von pistol whipped the man, knocking him out cold.

He quickly zipped his bag, running out of the back door of the home.

Von panted as he ran through street after street, not stopping until he felt he was far away enough.

He finally found a sign "George's New Pawn".  He slowed his pace, catching his breath as he approached the front door.

He kept his head tucked as he waited in the fairly short line.

"Next!"

The line slightly moved up. Von stared down at his black and white roshe run shoes. He noticed how beat up they were and sighed. He only had these and his winter boots. He didn't want to be stuck wearing winter boots in the hot summer sun.

"Next!"

He was not front in line. His foot tapping against the carpeted floor and his head still tucked. Not wanting to make consistent eye contact with anyone. He wanted to be in and out.

"Next!"

Von stepped to the window, swinging his backpack off of his shoulders and onto the table.

"How may I help you today?" The disinterested look on the employee's face was prominent.

Her left cheek rested against her fist as her long candy red nails tapped the desk, waiting for Von.

"Uh, I wanna get something for these. I bought em' for my girl and she don't like em'." He laid the necklaces on the counter and pushed them underneath through the glass. She chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"You bought them? Right." Von didn't respond, tugging at the strings to his jacket.

"Wait here one second." She took the necklaces to the back room.