Veintitres

"Congratulations, you are pregnant!"

"You are my big brother Von, you know I love you

"You are my big brother Von, you know I love you. I was stupid, I'll admit that. But I want my brother back."

"Kayla-"

"Am I really not deserving of forgiveness Von? I didn't mean for you to get sent to prison. I retracted my statement!" Von laughed as he picked up his fork to begin eating.

"After you found out he was fuckin' on your friend." Kayla couldn't help but join in on the laughter too.

That boy had her looking an absolute fool.

"I'm gonna let you have that since I'm begging for forgiveness." She smiled, now digging into her own food.

"How is everything tasting? Can I get you both anything?"

"Everything's great thank you." Kayla responded, adding some pepper to her cheesy eggs.

The waitress gave them both a smile before walking off.

"How's grandbabi?" Kayla instantly pulled out her phone, scrolling through her gallery.

"He's so big now Von. And he has locs just like yours. He begged me for three whole months to dye them."

Flipping her phone, she began showing Von all of the saved pictures and videos of Grandbabi. Some dating back to two years ago.

"Folks hair really just like mine." He responded.

"He misses you so much. More than anything, I'm so mad that I am the reason he hasn't been able to see you. He asks about you everyday."

"I miss him even more. I'll make sure to start calling him everyday." Nodding in agreement, she put her phone away, returning to her food.

Von pulled out his phone, deciding to send Saavia a text. He felt his point had been proven.

I'll meet you at the
apartment downtown
2:33p.m.

"How is Saavia?"

"She's doing good."

"I'm not going to lie like I haven't seen she's like the literal fucking goat of hair right now. I'm so happy for her, she was always bomb."

"I'll make sure to tell her you been stalking." He joked.

"I am not a stalker!" She rolled her eyes, slapping his hand.

"But you've been doing it big too Mr. Party Promoter. I'm proud of you Von, I mean it. We all are."

"I already know what you about to say Kayla, don't start."

"I'm just saying Von, she's very proud of you."

"She always proud when I'm making money. When I was in the streets risking my life, but bringing home 30k a night or more, she loved the fuck out of me. I was her favorite kid." He continued.