Siete

"You on your way girl!"

"Look at you. I haven't seen you in a month of Sundays. They working you like a dog?"

"We was just over the weekend before last Ms. Frazier. But I'm never too busy for you." He smiled before giving her a hug and picking up her bags.

"Y'all missed some good cooking. Where has Saavia been at? My hair need some tlc." Von followed her as she keyed into her room before they both put her groceries away, their normal routine.

"Business been booming for my baby." He smiled.

"She been doing like 7 heads everyday." Ms. Frazier smiled watching Von put that last bit of milk in the fridge.

"Aw, she deserves it. That girl is a magician with a hot comb."

"Von, can you come to the front? I need help." Von internally sighed as he heard Madison whine through the walkie.

"Who the hell is that?" Her face frowned up hearing the annoying sound.

"My manager. She calling me like every 15 minutes." He sucked his teeth, heading towards the door.

"Watch that girl Dayvon. I'm serious." She pointed.

Von simply gave her a nod before heading to the front desk.

I don't wanna lose this job.

"I can't help you Madison

"I can't help you Madison. I don't know nothing about the front desk. Why don't you call Ben?" Von inquired. Madison let out a long, obnoxious sigh.

"He has a family emergency. I don't want to bother him." She turned her body towards Von.

"You have some pretty ass eyes." She flirted.

"Thanks." He mumbled, staring at anything but her.

"Look at me." She whispered, closing the gap between them.

Von immediately backed away.

"I already told y-"

"Hey baby, look what I got you." His favorite sound rang through his ears, instantly making his chest thump.