Cinco

"I'm sorry."

Von's leg bounced as it is now the next morning and Saavia still hadn't returned to the room

Von's leg bounced as it is now the next morning and Saavia still hadn't returned to the room. He had gone out looking, taking the bus to all her clients houses, no one had saw her.

Von felt horrible about lying to Saavia. This was nothing he was proud of. But he couldn't lie and say it didn't feel good to provide for her.

He was tired of getting turned down and waiting on a miracle. So he went back to doing what he had to do as a kid, MAKING a way.

His head snapped toward the door as two short knocks echoed throughout the room. Now even more anxious he jogged to the door, his heartbeat sped up with each stride.

Opening the door revealed a tall, hefty white man with small round glasses that were slowly inching off of his face.

"Are you Dayvon Bennett?" Von slowly nodded, swallowing the lump in his throat. He wanted the man to hurry, but part of him doesn't want to hear what he has to say.

"Well I'm Gregory Hines, I own this hotel. Mind if I come in?" Even more confused, Von simply stepped to the side, allowing the stubby man into their room before softly closing the door.

At this moment Von still did not understand why this man was here and his mind continued to wander. He took a deep breath before offering the man a seat.

Hines gracefully say before folding his fingers into each other.

"I see you don't talk much." Gregory laughed.

"I'm here because I was told by a dear friend that you've been fixing a lot of things around here. Is that true?" Von nodded.

"Excuse me, uh, yes sir, I do." He softly scratched his arm, becoming instantly nervous.

"I truly appreciate it. Do you have experience in maintenance work?" He inquired, pushing his glasses further up his nose.

"No sir. Just something I picked up as a kid." Gregory's mouth turned down, with a nod. Impressed that someone so young had so much experience.

"We've been looking for a maintenance guy for a while now. Have you ever thought about working here?" Von shook his head, chuckling.

"I've actually tried to apply several times. Ben told me you guys weren't hiring." He didn't want to snitch on Ben, but at the same time, this was his livelihood on the line.

Gregory's eyebrows furrowed in disappointment, pulling out his cellphone.

He typed for a little under a minute before tucking his phone away in his pocket.

"I apologize for the misunderstanding Mr. Bennett. How would you like to work here at the hotel for maintenance?"

Von's eyes widened, shocked that after months of begging, Ben's boss was the one that was going to offer him a job at the hotel.