Catorce

"We should just tell the police."

"I actually got my Graduate degree from Northwestern

"I actually got my Graduate degree from Northwestern."

"Impressive! What did you major in?" Saavia's mother beamed, darting her eyes toward her daughter. It was her fourth time trying to force her daughter to engage in the conversation.

"Business with a minor in Finance."

"You know, Saavia took a few college finance classes in high school. She's so good with numbers."

"Oh really?" The young man inquired.

He now completely shifted his seat towards Saavia. Something he was hoping to do the entire night.

"What college did you attend?" He flashed his bright smile that would normally get girls to leave with him that instant.

But he couldn't understand why it wasn't working on Saavia. But that intrigued him.

"I didn't go. School is not-"

"So Carter, tell us more about your future plans?" Saavia rolled her eyes, taking another sip of her drink.

This night was moving entirely too slow for her liking.

"Well, I am already in the final steps of launching my cologne business. We are set to be in stores starting in August."

Carter Brooks had no problem speaking about his most proud accomplishment. His cologne line MystMe had been in the works for over 5 years. He had been through several different business plans that all ended in turmoil. Between losing thousands of dollars along with several business partners and investors, he was happy to finally hit shelves.

Through his trials and tribulations, Carter was a very intelligent and hard working man. That on top of his confidence and good looks helped him to never have trouble in the lady department. He was used to women flocking to him. He was used to men being envious of him. This caused Carter to be a little too self absorbed.

"I am hoping it's such a success that I am then able to broaden my marketing. Maybe even hit television and streaming services. I've already gotten a few celebrities to promote it. I am hoping to meet a special lady along the way, travel the world, have a few kids. I'm a simple man." Saavia found herself rolling her eyes for the millionth time as Carter and her mother snickered amongst each other.

She was ready to go home.