Veintidos

"He manipulated me Von"

Swallowing the pain medicine dry, Saavia winced at the pain of her all too familiar migraine

She found herself drinking often, and assumed the headaches would get better, but she was wrong. Unfortunately that has not encouraged her to stop drinking.

Throwing her legs over the bed, she shoved her feet into her slippers, guiding herself to the bathroom for her morning routine.

Sitting on the toilet, she checked her phone again.

No new notifications

She rolled her eyes at the audacity of Von. He did not return home last night, or this morning. He just sent her a short message.

Hubby💙: I'll be out late
3:23 a.m.

To which at the time, Saavia was too drunk to respond.

However when she sobered up early this morning, she consistently called and texted his phone to check his whereabouts.

After an hour of no response, she called India, finding out he was at their second house with Durk in the home studio. His location also confirming that alibi.

Although she was happy he was safe, his negligence was pissing her off.

Being ignored was one of her pet peeves.

To catch up on well needed rest, Saavia closed her books for the day. She also gave herself a half day for the next day to start preparing her Salon Suite.

Her Amazon cart was filled with furniture, decorations, lights and mirrors. She was so excited for this new beginning in her career, she still could not believe it was real.

Today was a rest day, but her and Von have a showing appointment downtown for a newly built condominium space. She was also excited to finally move out of this hotel and get the space she has been craving for years.

A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts.

Already having an idea of who it could possibly be, she immediately slid the chain over, opening the door.

"Y'all so busy, y'all don't have time for an old lady anymore?"

"We always have time for you." Saavia smiled, smelling the delicious food underneath the foiled plates in Ms. Frazier's hands.

"I got y'all what you normally get. They forgot to put cheese in Dayvon's grits though so I did it myself. Where's that boy at?" She inquired, setting the plates down and removing the foil.

"He's out with his friends." Absentmindedly rolling her eyes, she silently prayed over her food before digging in.

"Thank you. You know you don't have to cook for us every time."