seven

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

Damian's POV 

"Yes. Tt." I grumbled.

"Is it a girl's?" Dick questions with a sly smirk.

"It's none of your business!" I seethe.

"IT IS! JUST WAIT UNTIL I TELL JASON AND TIM ABOUT THIS! MY BABY BIRD IS ALL GROWN UP!" Grayson shouts, wiping away fake tears.

"YOU WILL NOT OR ELSE I WILL MURDER YOU AND PLACE YOU IN AN UNMARKED GRAVE!" I threaten.

Seeing my seriousness about my comment, Grayson sighs, knowing not to fight me on this. "Fine. I won't say anything. Yet. Is she your friend?"

"Not really. She's the one who helped me not get akumatized." I relay facts.

"A heartbreaker on the first day, looks like you're a true Wayne. And it sounds like she likes you."

"She doesn't. She's indifferent." I say, but I think about her. Her forced indifference towards those who are not her friends make her enticing.

Enticing? I wipe the thoughts away from my mind, and control myself. What the heck was I thinking?

"Just like you." Grayson says, connecting from my last statement.

"She cares." I make sure that I don't say her name, because I know Grayson will pass along the information to our family, and Drake will search for her immediately. I continue, "She cares too much, but she's bullied by her class off of untrue statements. There's another girl, named Lila Rossi, who controls the feeble minds of the class, and uses Marinette as a target."

"Marinette?"

Ra's Al Ghul—

Grayson switched the conversation as soon as I glare at him. "Maybe she's the one who needs a friend. You should reach out, it can't hurt. Just don't overthink it."

We finally roll up to the building, and I race to get to the apartment so I can get some much needed peace and quiet.

Grayson stops me before I can escape to my room.

"You should text her." Grayson declares.

"Why?" I question.

Grayson analyzes, "Because she gave her number to you, even though she knew she could've been teased for it."

"And?" Get to the point, Grayson.

"Look, if you want to show Bruce that you can change, to be a better Robin, you need to talk to people your own age."

I took my eyes, "I do talk to people my own age."

"Jon is younger than you. And you don't have any friends at Gotham Academy, you've broken Jason's record for fights in only three years."

"Tt." Grayson did speak the truth.

"Look, hand over the phone." He sighs.

I tuck my phone in my back pocket, "Why should I?"

"Do you want me to tell B that you almost got akumatized today?" Grayson threatens.

"Fine," I relent tossing him the phone. He puts in Marinette's number from the white slip of paper. "This is what you should type..."

Marinette, this is Damian. Thank you for the offer, it was very kind of you, but I am fine.

"Okay." I say, and he sends it. He tosses back the phone.