sixteen

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂.

Marinette's POV

I blushed hard as I watched Damian drive away with his brother in a car that was nicer that Adrien's limo.

My eyes snapped wide when I registered what my face was doing, and I cursed myself. Not now, I couldn't like someone.

And much less someone who was lying about who they truly were. But it's not like I could say anything with my secret identity.

Speaking of my alter ego, Tikki appeared. "Marinette, it's time to go on patrol." I nodded, trying to hide my smile. But I could never hide anything from Tikki. She gives me a knowing look, before hiding in my sweatshirt so I can sneak her upstairs.

I run up the stairs, only to find dinner is already taken care of and put away. "Maman?"

My parents are already sitting at the couch, playing video games. "Yeah honey?" She calls out, her tongue slightly stuck out in pure focus.

"Thanks for dinner. I'm just going to do—"

"Homework, I know. Go he—go to bed on time, okay sweetie?"

"Yeah of course Maman. See you tomorrow!" Not thinking anything about her hesitation, I call after them, running up the stairs and shutting the floor door behind me.

"Tikki, spots on!"

I transform and I immediately swing out into the streets, racing to the Eiffel Tower to get there on time.

Princess Honey and Chat Noir are already there, Chloe swings her feet over the railing, and Adrien leans up against his baton.

"Look who's late for the first time. Cat got your tongue, m'lady?" Chat jokes.

Rolling my eyes, I reply, "Sorry, I lost track of time because of the rain," I lie, knowing I was fully distracted for another reason.

"It was really coming down today," Chloe tosses out carelessly. She then smirks, throwing a look at Adrien. "Which is why as certain cat was forced to land on his feet when he slipped on a rooftop."

"Honey, you promised you wouldn't tell Ladybug!" Chat complained.

"No, you told me not to say anything. I never agreed that I actually would." Princess Honey corrects.

"Guys, patrol?" I remind them of tonight's responsibility.

"Oh right," Princess Honey stands and stretches. "I'll cover everything from the Louvre and south. Then we can meet—"

Feeling the air shift behind us, and I immediately flip around. My eyes narrow when I see two familiar figures. "Nightwing. Robin. Glad you could join us tonight." I said almost sarcastically and the two vigilantes reluctantly coming out of their hiding spaces.

Princess Honey and Chat Noir follow my lead, except they take more defensive stances.

"Ladybug, pleasure as always." Nightwing says, and then elbows Robin, who replies with a legendary eye roll, one I can see even through the whites of his mask, and a "Tt."

"What do you want?" I question, my hand hovering over my yo-yo.

"What you want. We want to take down the Black Mask, and stop him from working with Hawkmoth." Nightwing says.

"So how can we trust you?" I press. I don't know if I could handle another betrayal.

"Ladybug! They're literally from the Justice League, I think we can trust them!" Chat Noir tries to chastise me, looking somewhat embarrassed in front of his childhood inspirations.